TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Change in regen braking in v8.1 17.34?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by plasmo, Sep 9, 2017.

1. plasmo

plasmo Member

I just got the 17.34 update installed.
    Has anyone noticed less of a slow down (almost none!) when lifting your foot off the accelerator pedal (normal regenerative braking on)?
    I almost got too close to the car ahead of me at the stop sign today and noticed this change immediately since the update.

Anyone else or am I going crazy?

• Like x 1
  2. number12

number12 Supporting Member

After Elon promised stronger regen... I have felt less. Could be mental though.

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I would doubt/hope not. You almost have to have the car not tell you there's an update as this sort of thing is getting to be 'they tell you there's a change', you say 'ooh, better' and they didn't change anything. :D

4. JonathanD

JonathanD Member

Sorry to sound overly obvious, but are you sure you didn't just have a near-full charge?

• Like x 4
  5. Shateam

Shateam Member

Or the "dreaded" yellow dotted line (I know it's still summer but noticed the OP is in Chicago and it was quite cool last night)

6. _jal_

_jal_ Member

I haven't noticed any change to regen

• Informative x 1
  7. plasmo

plasmo Member

Actually, this might be the case. I didn't realize the regen braking is not as noticeable when the battery is near full.