Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change of ownership (Third party)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased a M3P through Vroom. I cannot change ownership via link from Tesla using the VIN. When I call customer service I keep getting forwarded somewhere else without any fix. Does anyone have a for sure email address or contact information to get this ball rolling?

I did the exact same thing and got my 2021 Model 3 this past Saturday. Hoping your delivery goes/went better than mine did. My car was not cleaned well and they used an automatic car wash which scratched the paint and the interior was dirty with dog hair, dirt, and grass in the trunk. Fortunately I have a really good detailed and reluctantly Vroom is reimbursing me for the detail. There were also a few blemishes that were not on the listing that I need to get an estimate from Tesla on correcting, once I can make an appointment with the service center.

What you’ll need to do is call Tesla customer service and tell them you bought a pre owned Tesla from a 3rd party. They will have you email in your purchase agreement, title application, email address, VIN, Home address, and tell them you bought it from Vroom. The email address is [email protected]. I was told this would take 3-5 business days to happen, and today is day 3 and nothing yet. Good luck!

Who would have know it would be this much of a process. I, too, disregarded people saying to stay away from vroom. The interior luckily was immaculate but there were quite a few blemishes on the exterior they tried to cover up and it looks worse.

Thanks for your reply. I have sent all that information to that email address but haven’t received a confirmation that they received it. Did you receive a confirmation when you sent that info via that email address?

Who would have know it would be this much of a process. I, too, disregarded people saying to stay away from vroom. The interior luckily was immaculate but there were quite a few blemishes on the exterior they tried to cover up and it looks worse.

Thanks for your reply. I have sent all that information to that email address but haven’t received a confirmation that they received it. Did you receive a confirmation when you sent that info via that email address?
I did not. I called Tesla customer service on Tuesday (Business day 2 after I sent the email) and they confirmed they received it, but did say it can take 3-5 business days, so today is Business day 4 and I am still waiting.

Vroom did the same thing on our vehicle. There's an obvious botched touch up spot on the rear quarter panel and scratch on both sides, and a scratch on the hood lip right in front of the wiper blade. My detailer was able to get the scratch around the paint touch up on the quarter panel removed, and got about 80% of the swirl marks on the exterior gone and told me the next time they detail it, they should be able to get the remainder out. It looks like a brand new car once they were done with it. Same with the interior which fortunately I did not see a single blemish.

Overall I'm very happy with the vehicle. It's better than paying $3500-4000 more for a brand new 2022 that now has a delay delivery of this fall. I'm hoping I won't have the nightmare with my plates and registration like I've read online. Tesla did tell me they can do the touch ups, and explained how they do them to make sure they blend into the existing paint, but I have to wait until the car is on my account so that I can schedule it.

Thats great to know. Thanks a ton, man. I feel a little better. I’ve tried calling and haven’t had success.

How did you go about getting Vroom to reimburse for detailing? I also have a tire that is bubbling near the rim, I’ve been to worried to even drive it until I find out how that works out. I do agree that I feel like I received a deal especially with prices and wait times increasing. Will Vroom cover Tesla touchups or are we expected to pay out of pocket for that as well.

Thats great to know. Thanks a ton, man. I feel a little better. I’ve tried calling and haven’t had success.

How did you go about getting Vroom to reimburse for detailing? I also have a tire that is bubbling near the rim, I’ve been to worried to even drive it until I find out how that works out. I do agree that I feel like I received a deal especially with prices and wait times increasing. Will Vroom cover Tesla touchups or are we expected to pay out of pocket for that as well.

I ended up escalating my issues up to Vroom and they requested pictures of the blemishes. Initially their "executive" escalations Dept tried telling me the blemishes were consistent with it being a used car, and as far as the detailing bill, they tried pushing back because my detailer hand writes their receipts. They are a small husband and wife local company and I called Vroom out on that. I had the escalations person call me and she agreed to have Vroom cover the cost of the detailing after I explained that it's a small company and she verified the cost on their website. :mad: She told me they would be overnighting me the check but that was two days ago and I just checked and don't see any incoming deliveries from either FedEx or UPS. I'll be following up with her again. She told me to get a quote from Tesla for the paint touch ups but I can't do that until I can schedule a time with their service department. I'm really hoping there's not an underlying issue with the car as my 7 day window ends Saturday morning.

Just to follow up in case other people use VROOM to buy. I received this message after I sent multiple pictures of the discrepancies.

Attachments

• 6434324E-0221-4919-9559-91F780EA3E25.jpeg
    6434324E-0221-4919-9559-91F780EA3E25.jpeg
    635.8 KB · Views: 565
I did the exact same thing and got my 2021 Model 3 this past Saturday. Hoping your delivery goes/went better than mine did. My car was not cleaned well and they used an automatic car wash which scratched the paint and the interior was dirty with dog hair, dirt, and grass in the trunk. Fortunately I have a really good detailed and reluctantly Vroom is reimbursing me for the detail. There were also a few blemishes that were not on the listing that I need to get an estimate from Tesla on correcting, once I can make an appointment with the service center.

What you’ll need to do is call Tesla customer service and tell them you bought a pre owned Tesla from a 3rd party. They will have you email in your purchase agreement, title application, email address, VIN, Home address, and tell them you bought it from Vroom. The email address is [email protected]. I was told this would take 3-5 business days to happen, and today is day 3 and nothing yet. Good luck!
Thank you for this!! Just bought a used '21 MYLR from a third-party dealership across the country. I wanted to ensure the vehicle was in my account so I could apply for Tesla insurance & supercharge from day 1. The vehicle is currently in transit to me (don't have it yet), so I was worried I wouldn't be able to transfer until I had it. I ended up emailing this email address w/ the necessary docs and they had the car in my account within 30min of sending the email. Thank you for posting this!!