Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change of Ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - I had a family member reserve a car for me using his account. Tesla would not move the RN over to my account after several requests, and provided the following options:

1. Use family member's account to fill in all registration and payment / delivery details. Take delivery of the car, then have the car moved over.
2. Cancel the RN and place a new RN from my account.

I chose option #1, but would like to know if the MVPA and all other glovebox docs also move over once the car is moved to my account. I am the sole registered owner and the one purchasing the car / on loan etc. This part is pretty important.

Anyone done this recently?

Hi all - I had a family member reserve a car for me using his account. Tesla would not move the RN over to my account after several requests, and provided the following options:

1. Use family member's account to fill in all registration and payment / delivery details. Take delivery of the car, then have the car moved over.
2. Cancel the RN and place a new RN from my account.

I chose option #1, but would like to know if the MVPA and all other glovebox docs also move over once the car is moved to my account. I am the sole registered owner and the one purchasing the car / on loan etc. This part is pretty important.

Anyone done this recently?

I don’t think they move over but the glovebox docs aren’t the end of the world. Just download a copy before moving the car. The old/original account will have them it’s in glovebox under previously owned vehicle forever. I have every Tesla I’ve ever owned under “previously owned vehicles” and if i click on one, i get the glove box option with their MVPA and etc

I don’t think they move over but the glovebox docs aren’t the end of the world. Just download a copy before moving the car. The old/original account will have them it’s in glovebox under previously owned vehicle forever. I have every Tesla I’ve ever owned under “previously owned vehicles” and if i click on one, i get the glove box option with their MVPA and etc
That’s interesting. My first Tesla (2013) which I sold to private party in 2018 disappeared from my account. Not sure how to get it back.