TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Change on screen car image

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by pxthree, Mar 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. pxthree

pxthree Member

I'm going to be putting the 19" Grey TST wheels on my Model 3 when it arrives. I have seen that the screen shows an image of the car with original specs. Is there anyway to change this to show the car with aftermarket products?

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

You can ask Tesla Customer Service to change the display on your car and app to the closest match in terms of OEM wheels. The Tesla 19" Grey Slipstreams are one option. There were once 19" Grey Turbines sold by Tesla briefly, only in Europe, as I recall. You could try to jog their memory on that one.

3. RedMS

RedMS Member

They won’t change the image for aftermarket wheels. Also make sure to check balance of TSportline wheels if buying the complete wheel/tire package. Of the 4, 3 were way off.

4. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

I’ve recently wondered if Tesla would have an on screen car image option to show the Model 3 with the aero covers off on the 18 inch wheels.

5. navinsiri

navinsiri Member

Tesla changed the image for me on my Model S with 19” grey TST rims. Just ask them for whatever wheel image you want, as long as it’s an OEM option which for the model 3 is either the Aeros or Sport wheels.

They were very annoying about it, but they did change it for me.

6. pxthree

pxthree Member

Sounds promising if they were able to show the TST wheels for you.

I'm getting just the 19" rims. Going to have my local tire shop mount and balance the stock tires.

7. Trips

Trips "Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"

8. navinsiri

navinsiri Member

It’s not exactly the grey TST wheels. It’s some form of 19” grey turbine looking wheel that Tesla used to sell so it was still in their system.