Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change out a single wheel on 2019 performance M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hit a big pothole and damaged 2x wheels and tires.

I had one wheel repair shop repair 1x wheel that was clearly damaged. When I took this repaired wheel to discount tire, they said it spun fine.

Discount tire noticed that one other wheel had a slight bend on the inside.

I'm looking to replace this wheel. The other 3x are original 2019 M3 performance 20X8.5J Sport wheels. I'm hoping not to pay the premium to get another original Tesla wheel.

Would I be able to swap out this damaged wheel with different aftermarket 20 inch wheel without safety or driving ability impact?

Thanks!

Wouldnt it be better to look for some "take offs" in the used market for your rim, rather than trying to roll around in your car with 1 wheel clearly not matching the others as anything other than a temporary solution?

I mean, it sounds like you are asking if as a permanent solution you can do this. As long as the rim has the same size and specs, there shouldnt be any real impact, other than visual.

Now, if you start talking about difference sizes, even if both are 20 inch (for example), then, in addition to looking terrible, with 1 wheel clearly not matching the others, you would likely have some driving impact.