Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change tire size in settings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I recently purchase aftermarket 20" wheels to replace the 19" Gemini on my LRAWD. I've read that I can change the size in the CAR/SERVICE menu. However I do not have that option. I also purchased OEM TPMS, so the sensors were recognized without any action on my part. Do I need to worry about changing the tire size in the Service menu and if so, how do I do that on a current firmware Model Y?

You can't. The current software for Model Y does not have Wheel Configuration option. Contact your Tesla Service Center - to change your wheel config by pushing a change in the config.

Caveat, some here said that Tesla SC will not change your wheel config if you install aftermarket wheels. Some SCs have asked for photos of the wheel to see if they are Tesla wheels.

I have changed config to 20" from 21" Überturbines by creating an appointment in the app, describing that I want to change to 20". My SC called, pushed the change remotely over the air - they did not even ask for photos my wheels.

In essence, changing firmware config from 19 to 20 wheels does not change much of anything, the tires have the same width/diameter. The rated range (when battery is new) is the same 316 miles.

Your car avatar will have Inductions tho vs Geminis.

Last edited:
Reactions: na5m
Thank you, I will try the service appointment method.

Put this pix in the appt request, :rolleyes:, to be sure....not saying that's what you have, but that's what you want to have in Wheel Config.:confused:
2020-06-30 16.13.13-1.jpg

Reactions: Brian-MS90D