Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change to SR+ Price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on 11th May black / white + FSD. As with others, my Order Agreement disappeared a few weeks ago (£44,750).

Today I receive an e-mail "Confirming your Model 3 Update" inviting me to move forward with my order by visiting my Tesla Account. I was very excited until I noticed a new Order Agreement attached and a hefty price increase! Apparently the "base price" has increased to £41,550, meaning the total price has gone to £48,250!!!

Has anyone else had this? Any advice people can offer would be greatly received as I am already stretching myself I think that this will mean I have to get rid of FSD.

It's a shame if they have decided to increase the price after ordering and I'm wondering where I stand legally as a consumer?

On the basis literally everything is an error / oversight on the website, Im guessing its an error on the website.

Ive had a vin and final invoice for weeks but spotted a credit note on there last week. Called and enquired and was told its fine just ignore it. Called again today to ask what it is and it turns out my vin relates to a completely different car and the credit note was to effectively cancel the vin allocation. So I am back to having no vin. Delivery still expected to be July though.

I guess its a good job I enquired again as I would have been rocking up to collect and effectively pay for something entirely different to my order.

This disconnect between deliveries and anyone you get to speak to on the phone along with all the mixed messages is annoying.

Looking at the website it looks like they have changed how they are displaying the price. Previously if you clicked through the options you could see the full cash price, then the savings were deducted which included the government grant to get to a cost after savings value. Now they are showing the full cash price and have included that this includes the direct delivery charge AND the grant, before deducting any savings.

My original order agreement shows the delivery fee, but not the government grant. I've just had a new one and the base price has been increased by the value of the government grant. I'll be phoning them shortly to complain about the price increase and lack of clarity. Unfortunately under invitation to treat contact laws I might now have to find an extra £3,500 or be bumped to the back of the queue by changing my config.

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't also spammed out an email to everyone notifying us of the change and the new order agreement (with the increased price). I suspect *everyone* is now trying to call them.

Its not getting any better at the moment is it ... have even considered cancelling a few times.

Has anyone managed to get through to them on the phone? The line just drops after a few minutes when I call.

Had the same - order agreement updated to reflect exclusion of the government grant.

I, like you, also tried to call them (pressing 1 for cars, then 2 for M3 deliveries) and got an automated message saying that they will keep us informed of any updates to the model 3 delivery.

Over on another forum someone actually managed to get through and while they didn't know anything about the updates, they did 'confirm' there are thousands of M3's on their way over for deliveries in July.

I can't find anything pertaining to that online (shipping, etc) so I'm taking it as conjecture.

Same for my P- order. Email from Tesla telling me that my order has changed and to check my account for next steps.

Initial excitement - things are moving! - but no, they’ve just changed the order agreement to show the price now NOT including the £3,500 government grant. I’m pretty sure this is because the invoice value NOT including the grant is what applies to ongoing car tax ie. for the SR model that pushes the price above the £40k “luxury car tax”.

I trust whenever my final invoice arrives that it will remove the £3,500 at that point.

Reactions: Shetlandmdl3
D071433D-8B96-4B61-AC69-FE7687FA2188.png
1C385F77-36E3-4D62-8A0A-EA56E56DFC4C.png
To be fair, the order clearly states the price "EXCLUDES" the plug in grant, so it's actually a valid invoice, although no idea whats happening to the grant then.
The new order does, but the old one doesn't (and the website showed the price shown as being before the grant not afterwards). That asterix goes to a comment about not including the government grant.

Same for my P- order. Email from Tesla telling me that my order has changed and to check my account for next steps.

Initial excitement - things are moving! - but no, they’ve just changed the order agreement to show the price now NOT including the £3,500 government grant. I’m pretty sure this is because the invoice value NOT including the grant is what applies to ongoing car tax ie. for the SR model that pushes the price above the £40k “luxury car tax”.

I trust whenever my final invoice arrives that it will remove the £3,500 at that point.

Same here, also on a P- order. The government grant is still applicable, so no reason to get worried about it.

View attachment 423080 View attachment 423079
The new order does, but the old one doesn't (and the website showed the price shown as being before the grant not afterwards). That asterix goes to a comment about not including the government grant.

I have copies of both my original order and the new one as updated today.

My original order agreement has a total price of £51,340 with an asterisk to a comment saying that the total price INCLUDES the government grant of £3,500.

Today’s order agreement has a total price of £54,840 with an asterisk to a comment saying that the total price DOES NOT INCLUDE the government grant of £3,500.

Other than the poor communication I don’t think there is anything to worry about here. What I end up paying will, I assume, be £51,340 as the government grant will still be applied. It’s just a case of them now showing the full value not including the grant which I think is for luxury car tax purposes.