TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Change TPMS setpoint

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Red Rocket IV, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Red Rocket IV

Red Rocket IV Member

New to the forum here.

looking into getting signature wheels with 265/35-19 PS4s

With the wider tire it is best to run lower pressure. But that will trigger a TPMS alarm

is there a way to lower the setpoint to say 32 to support the lower pressure in the wider tires?

thank you
    Jim

2. kbecks13

kbecks13 Active Member

Yup you can, see the 'Manually Resetting TPMS Sensors' section of the manual under Tire Care and Maintenance. Says "To do so, touch Service > Reset TPMS Sensors and follow the onscreen instructions."

Btw - i have 265 tires and even running at 36 psi means pretty bad efficiency, i normally stay around 39-40 PSI.

3. Red Rocket IV

Red Rocket IV Member

Thank you for the help. And advise on the pressure you are using.

4. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

I had been wondering what pressures to use on the Michelin 245 A/S3+ I now run on Signature 19 inch wheels...