Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changed from AWD to RWD - instant VIN assigned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else had this happen? I had a LR AWD Obsidian Black ordered and today changed to LR RWD solid black and received a VIN within 5 min.

I’m guessing there was inventory in my area of that exact config and it matched me up with it? I’m in Nashville by the way.

Reactions: IdaX
Welcome to the RWD club! You'll actually get a full rebate (assuming you pay taxes) which is why I didn't wait and miss the fun with every upgrade. I actually think it's safer driving in all conditions because it's how I learned to drive... even in snow. You'll be pleasantly surprised at the power and speed. Plenty of torque! Less maintenance too (oil changes in the transaxles, gearcase, pumpkin - whatever it's called).

Makes me wonder about all the people in the Model 3 Spreadsheet who are waiting on RWD VINs since April/May/June. Certainly some people just haven't updated the sheet, but it seems like at least some people are still waiting.

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
@GoodOmens - that's exciting! I'm heading out of town Wednesday to Monday. Wouldn't you bet they try to schedule delivery on Sunday for me as well? #FirstWorldProblems

Sorry - meant arriving at the delivery center. Earliest available was Monday. Now my wait is for my loan officer from a local CU to reach back out to me to provide a pre-approved letter so my IDA can kick off the contract process. Argh. I may give up and do Tesla financing if this person doesn't reach out to me by tomorrow....

Makes me wonder about all the people in the Model 3 Spreadsheet who are waiting on RWD VINs since April/May/June. Certainly some people just haven't updated the sheet, but it seems like at least some people are still waiting.

Main thing about these spreadsheets or applets tracking cars is it is up to the individual to keep it updated.
The Model S and Model X sheets have had people stop making updates while they are in-progress for various reasons. Many don't come back and update their delivery dates, vin #s, or other.

@SoCalGuy price ultimately. But I had hoped it would have sped up delivery and it definitely did. I saved close to 20k by changing my order from P3D, Obsidian Black, FSD to just RWD, Solid Black, and EAP only.

We'll see if I regret dropping Performance but hopefully that's not the case. I already have the Tsportline 19" dark gray turbine wheels ready to install soon as I get it since I'm not a big fan of the Aero wheels. Plus a window tint appointment. So it'll look nice at least :)

I’m in Texas with a March 2018 reservation date (so I was relatively late to the party). I ordered 7/27 an AWD, white paint with white seats. I’m now wondering if switching to RWD is going to speed that up. I’m tempted to do so if I’m going to lose access to the full tax credit.

With me being in Texas I don’t know if it makes any difference.

Thoughts?

I’m in Texas with a March 2018 reservation date (so I was relatively late to the party). I ordered 7/27 an AWD, white paint with white seats. I’m now wondering if switching to RWD is going to speed that up. I’m tempted to do so if I’m going to lose access to the full tax credit.

With me being in Texas I don’t know if it makes any difference.

Thoughts?

I don't see a situation where someone who orders even as late as Aug 1st will miss out on the full $7500.