TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Changed order from 40kWh to 60kWh, sharing the differences in the DocuSign paperwork

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Jeff Andrews, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    My wife and I decided to change our order from the 40kWh battery pack to the 60kWh pack. I'm just sharing the differences in the paperwork (docusign) from Jan 31 (LEFT SIDE) to today, Mar 21 (RIGHT SIDE).
    I had to call them on something when I saw the difference in one of the prices. :scared: Just waiting for them to get back to me after talking with a manager.
    Untitled.png

2. rlpm

rlpm S P85 | Sig X _P90D_

I'm not sure why the original Pre-MVPA showed 4% tax, as it appears that the correct (estimated) tax on a vehicle in Denver County is 7.62%. See here.

3. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

well thats easy, first one didn't have the 3.62% Denver City Tax, leaving the total at 4%. Add that city tax, and now you got 7.62%.

4. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    Tesla got back to me. They checked the tax rates and confirmed it's supposed to be 4% (same as the first agreement). They lowered my second agreement accordingly.

Does anyone know why they aren't adding the 3.62% Denver City tax? Am I in for a big surprise upon finalizing finances?

5. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Dunno exactly why. But its the same in AZ supposedly. They collect the state tax but not the municipal tax. Jury is still out on if the cities will ever come to collect. I haven't heard of any AZ owners ever getting a bill for it after delivery.