Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changed order from 5/2019 still no word

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Originally placed my order from 5/2019 for a LR RWD. Decided to upgrade and change to the AWD model on 5/4/2020 a year later. A sales rep was able to upgrade me for the old pricing. I haven't heard a peep from Tesla. Not a single email or anything from them.

A few days ago I called a local dealer and one of the sales rep says that it's faster if I canceled my order and ordered a new one... Im like what... how's that fair? I put in a $2500 deposit a year ago and already applied for financing. I'd have to pay the new AWD pricing and re-apply for tesla financing again..

Been reading around in this thread and a lot of the people who put orders in a long time ago are left hanging while new orders are getting delivered.

Anybody have a similar experience? I ordered a AWD White exterior, black interior, 20" wheels.

They may be right. I ordered on 3/17/19 and I'm still waiting. Ordered Blue/Black AWD, 19s, FSD. Got the email to get my payment info together in mid-March, completed it by end of March and crickets ever since. I considered changing from blue to white (when I ordered white cost a lot more) but didn't want to lose my place in line. I feel stupid now, as obviously that wouldn't have changed anything as far as I can tell. I've e-mailed my account rep with little impact. She just tells me to be patient. I called my local delivery center and got more information. The delivery guy said that I had a good chance of getting my car in mid to late June based on what he knew about what colors the factory is producing in the coming weeks. Once I get delivery set up, I'm going to start pressing hard on the fact I've been waiting longer and put down more money that other customers that have had their cars for weeks if not months. To be honest I feel Tesla owes us something for waiting so long and putting down more money.

They may be right. I ordered on 3/17/19 and I'm still waiting. Ordered Blue/Black AWD, 19s, FSD. Got the email to get my payment info together in mid-March, completed it by end of March and crickets ever since. I considered changing from blue to white (when I ordered white cost a lot more) but didn't want to lose my place in line. I feel stupid now, as obviously that wouldn't have changed anything as far as I can tell. I've e-mailed my account rep with little impact. She just tells me to be patient. I called my local delivery center and got more information. The delivery guy said that I had a good chance of getting my car in mid to late June based on what he knew about what colors the factory is producing in the coming weeks. Once I get delivery set up, I'm going to start pressing hard on the fact I've been waiting longer and put down more money that other customers that have had their cars for weeks if not months. To be honest I feel Tesla owes us something for waiting so long and putting down more money.

Yeah I'm just really curious what their algorithm is. When I first called them, they said if your profile isn't complete, we aren't looking at it. The craziest thing is I have to sign into my account or keep calling to get more info. Tesla doesn't send a single email to tell you any of this. This could easily be added into their system workflow.

Even when i tried their Trade in and when I applied for financing. They just say, it'll take X amount of days to evaluate. No email nothing, you have to sign in on your own to see if anything updated. Simple email trigger to fix all this.

Yeah I'm just really curious what their algorithm is. When I first called them, they said if your profile isn't complete, we aren't looking at it. The craziest thing is I have to sign into my account or keep calling to get more info. Tesla doesn't send a single email to tell you any of this. This could easily be added into their system workflow.

Even when i tried their Trade in and when I applied for financing. They just say, it'll take X amount of days to evaluate. No email nothing, you have to sign in on your own to see if anything updated. Simple email trigger to fix all this.

Yeah, Tesla's communication needs drastic improvement. I think all of us would not be as frustrated if they just communicated with us. I think their manufacturing process is still so disorganized they are afraid of letting people know in advance when their car is going to be produced because they probably won't meet that expectation. They have a long way to go. I toured BWM's Munich plant many years ago and it seems light years ahead of what Tesla has today. That plant could produce multiple models and multiple colors on the same line. I watched the paint shop paint two different types of 3 series cars with different colors, one after each other. Elon needs to steal some of their manufacturing gurus.