TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Changed performance w/ upgrades to white interior recently?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Evoixse, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Evoixse

Evoixse Member

Has anyone with a performance with upgrades with black interior changed their order recently to white interior? If so what are your results in doing so. Also what exterior color do you have?

2. Evoixse

Evoixse Member

Finally pulled the trigger today. Let's watch see how this order que works lol if I knew I could get white for the old price I would've done that also in Hope's of speeding up my vin issue date.

3. kwintone

kwintone Member

Curious to know what happens, after seeing a DBM P+ delivered with white interior I'm now on the fence. I have black interior in my MS, so I'm starting to lean towards doing something different for the 3...but nervous about delaying...:confused:

4. Evoixse

Evoixse Member

The only thing that sold me is when I called them yesterday about taking delivery in a different state in Hope's of speing up the delivery process as my cadillac lease is about to be up and he said" oh I wouldnt worry if I were you, you placed your order on the 26th so you should be getting a call anyday now" which pointed out to me that he didn't go off the July 16th day when I added the performance brakes upgrade. I could be over analyzing it but I think their whole system goes off when you put down the $2500 config deposit...which kinda makes sense since it would make everything else really messy of they didn't. So If there was one model 3 left in chicago illinois i believe it would be given to the person who had that exact config obiously, then who had the earlier reservation date, and then the tie breaker would be who put down the $2500 first. ( I think these cars get distributed pretty evenly as logistics allows.. mind you we have a huge logistics(driver) shortage right now.

5. preilly44

preilly44 Member

I put my $2500 down on 5/20 and added FSD on 6/26. Now my Purchase Agreement shows 6/26 as my confirmed date. Still no VIN (Red, P+, black, FSD).

• Like x 1
  6. arcanexvi

arcanexvi Member

Purchase agreement shoes the most recent edit date. When I called in and he was talking about what they go off of, he went off my original 2500 date so I asked. He said they definitely weight the original config date more than edits.

7. iamblinkin

iamblinkin Member

Just for another data point, I ordered AWD on 6/29 and changed to P-AWD this week and the advisor actually at one point put me on hold to confirm and came back saying absolutely the INITIAL order date is the one they look at, in my case referring to premium connectivity/free supercharging, but I assume it's the same for order priority?

8. preilly44

preilly44 Member

I feel like if that was the case, I would have my car by now: current owner, Day 1 reservation holder, confirmed order May 20, every option except white.

9. arcanexvi

arcanexvi Member

Location is the largest factor it seems. Socal first. Then the east and west coasts. Hardly any Midwest deliveries so far as far as I can tell.

10. Evoixse

Evoixse Member

haha the switch to white interior worked!!! got a call today. the oct-dec date they give you after changes has no ill effect other than your configuration. taking delivery the 31st

11. kwintone

kwintone Member

Good news! Now I'm really struggling with the decision to switch.

12. systemBuilder

systemBuilder Member

I have bad news for you. I called on July 16th and got the same exact, exact same verbiage from the guy. I think it's part of their script. My car was configured (P3D+, blue) on June 30th. "Oh you should be getting a call any day now" is exactly what the guy said to me, about 1 month ago ...

13. Evoixse

Evoixse Member

Call and press 3 instead of 1. I think they are more helpful. Make sure they note that you are a day 1 reservation holder

14. FLXX

FLXX Member

Changed to white one week ago...no movement, now back to black? o_O