Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changed performance w/ upgrades to white interior recently?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only thing that sold me is when I called them yesterday about taking delivery in a different state in Hope's of speing up the delivery process as my cadillac lease is about to be up and he said" oh I wouldnt worry if I were you, you placed your order on the 26th so you should be getting a call anyday now" which pointed out to me that he didn't go off the July 16th day when I added the performance brakes upgrade. I could be over analyzing it but I think their whole system goes off when you put down the $2500 config deposit...which kinda makes sense since it would make everything else really messy of they didn't. So If there was one model 3 left in chicago illinois i believe it would be given to the person who had that exact config obiously, then who had the earlier reservation date, and then the tie breaker would be who put down the $2500 first. ( I think these cars get distributed pretty evenly as logistics allows.. mind you we have a huge logistics(driver) shortage right now.

The only thing that sold me is when I called them yesterday about taking delivery in a different state in Hope's of speing up the delivery process as my cadillac lease is about to be up and he said" oh I wouldnt worry if I were you, you placed your order on the 26th so you should be getting a call anyday now" which pointed out to me that he didn't go off the July 16th day when I added the performance brakes upgrade. I could be over analyzing it but I think their whole system goes off when you put down the $2500 config deposit...which kinda makes sense since it would make everything else really messy of they didn't. So If there was one model 3 left in chicago illinois i believe it would be given to the person who had that exact config obiously, then who had the earlier reservation date, and then the tie breaker would be who put down the $2500 first. ( I think these cars get distributed pretty evenly as logistics allows.. mind you we have a huge logistics(driver) shortage right now.

I put my $2500 down on 5/20 and added FSD on 6/26. Now my Purchase Agreement shows 6/26 as my confirmed date. Still no VIN (Red, P+, black, FSD).

Reactions: systemBuilder
I put my $2500 down on 5/20 and added FSD on 6/26. Now my Purchase Agreement shows 6/26 as my confirmed date. Still no VIN (Red, P+, black, FSD).
Purchase agreement shoes the most recent edit date. When I called in and he was talking about what they go off of, he went off my original 2500 date so I asked. He said they definitely weight the original config date more than edits.

Just for another data point, I ordered AWD on 6/29 and changed to P-AWD this week and the advisor actually at one point put me on hold to confirm and came back saying absolutely the INITIAL order date is the one they look at, in my case referring to premium connectivity/free supercharging, but I assume it's the same for order priority?

Purchase agreement shoes the most recent edit date. When I called in and he was talking about what they go off of, he went off my original 2500 date so I asked. He said they definitely weight the original config date more than edits.

I feel like if that was the case, I would have my car by now: current owner, Day 1 reservation holder, confirmed order May 20, every option except white.

"I wouldnt worry if I were you, you placed your order on the 26th so you should be getting a call anyday now"

I have bad news for you. I called on July 16th and got the same exact, exact same verbiage from the guy. I think it's part of their script. My car was configured (P3D+, blue) on June 30th. "Oh you should be getting a call any day now" is exactly what the guy said to me, about 1 month ago ...