Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changed pollen filters today on RHD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed mine a couple of months ago using the same helpful video!
From what I could see, I think I bought the same filters James used, Blue Print from the usual auction site for around £10 for 2 required filters, significantly cheaper than Tesla OEM.
I weighed the new Blue Print filters at 155g each and the old OEM was 208g. Yes it had some dirt on it, adding to the weight but it wasn’t heavily soiled. If you do weigh your filters using the kitchen scales, make sure you clean it up before your better half sees you. I think I got away with it.

I changed mine a couple of months ago using the same helpful video!
From what I could see, I think I bought the same filters James used, Blue Print from the usual auction site for around £10 for 2 required filters, significantly cheaper than Tesla OEM.
I weighed the new Blue Print filters at 155g each and the old OEM was 208g. Yes it had some dirt on it, adding to the weight but it wasn’t heavily soiled. If you do weigh your filters using the kitchen scales, make sure you clean it up before your better half sees you. I think I got away with it.
So, now your 0-60 will be more quickly!?
I'm thinking to remove and that should make 0-60 more faster 🙈🤣🤣🤣🤣

I watched the excellent video above and set out to try and replace my filters this morning.

Only problem for me is that the casing for the filter is quite different in my car (difference after heat pumps were fitted?) and I’ve not managed to find a way to the filters.

Here is the housing for his filter:

CACA4FC7-DA8E-44D6-BFC7-933FE337DFE7.png

And here is mine:

145379E7-6699-4B5A-8313-6A6747095A20.png

I’ve removed the 6 screws but reasonable force isn’t getting the side off.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Short version - stop what you're doing :), you only need to remove one screw (which isn't one of the 6 you've already removed) to get access to it. It's still covered by the carpet in your photo. The cabin filter is further towards the front of the car on newer models.

• Helpful
Reactions: duncans and Doudeau
Thanks both. I’ve just subscribed.

I usually tend to follow the advice from the guru of DIY (Tim Taylor from Home Improvement) “This is just the manufacturers opinion of how to put this together”.

Sometimes, like today, I think - maybe I should get some advice in case I’m about to make an expensive mistake……

• Funny
Reactions: duncans