TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Changes/Additions To Canadian Model S Design Studio..

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mayhemm, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

#1 Mayhemm, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    There have been some changes to the design studio recently so I thought we could document them, and any future ones, in this thread (or merge it with an existing thread, if one exists).

Most are probably aware that the HPWC and Twin Chargers have been unbundled in the Canadian DS, but remain paired in the US one. Since I am concerned primarily with the Canadian version of the car, I thought it appropriate to put this thread in the Canada forum. Therefore, everything documented here is valid in Canada but may or may not be valid in the USA. Quoted prices are in CAD.

The newest changes (as of 12/1/2013) are:
    1) Carbon Fiber spoiler is now (once again) a NO CHARGE option, but requires P85 trim :smile:
    2) Alcantara headliner is now (once again) a NO CHARGE option, but requires P85 trim :smile:
    3) Red Brake Calipers now available as a NO CHARGE option (requires P85 trim) :smile:
    4) Base price of P85 up to $103,300 (increase of $2630), basically making you pay for 1 and 2, whether you choose them or not. :mad: Don't know if the other trims also increased.

The starting price of the P85 is now back to early-2013 levels

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Unbundling dual chargers makes sense given the Sun Country network here. Sounds like they got a lot of requests for it.

3. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

I wish they would offer a "retro fit" red caliper option for those Sig owners who desire it...I had my Roadster's calipers painted red, and would really like to have our Sig Red Model S caliper's painted the matching body colour...

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

You wouldn't like the price. You'd have to buy new calipers, and the old ones would be "used" so they would have no value to Tesla. Also would require a brake fluid flush.

5. mcfadyena

mcfadyena Member

Just dropped over to have a peek - waiting on delivery and wondered about adding the headliner. It's a $1600 option, not no charge unfortunately.

6. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Why not just paint the old ones?

Did that with my Roadster...no adverse issues.

7. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

That's probably the best way.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

For a sane price, I'd definitely consider this on my Sig if Tesla offered it.

9. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

Hmmm...you are correct. It appears they've changed it since I made my post. It now, like the other items I listed, requires the P85 trim to be "no charge". Makes for consistency, I guess. :confused:

10. mcfadyena

mcfadyena Member

Yeah - I caught your post a day late, I think. I raced over there to take a screen shot so I can send it into the Tesla team before my car hit the production line. Missed out :-(