Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changes coming for 2021?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys think there will be any substantial changes for the 2021 models?? Think it's worth waiting a few months for the 2021?

if their will be changes, it’s not gonna be huge or worth the wait IMO. So far they added an acoustic cover for the heat pump, but that is being retrofitted in older models.

just look at Tesla’s history, they never really change much other than software updates.

The best Tesla to buy is they one you can buy today generally. If you want for battery day you may gain some knowledge but then you’ll have waited and missed out on all the smiles you could’ve had.

There’s always going to be a better version. From what I’ve read and ass-ume, the amazeballs battery tech will be announced but not implemented anytime soon.

If you have no car payment then sure, maybe wait. You’ve got a ton of variables just like everyone else. Go schedule a test drive then see if you can wait any longer.

Good luck! Don’t forget to use a referral from someone you know so you both get free supercharger miles (generally $50-75 worth of charging so don’t be upset if they expire)

• Informative
Reactions: smcginnis
If better batteries are developed,chances are you wont see them used in the model Y for years to come if at all. Just look as the S and X. They haven't gotten the new cells the model 3 and Y have.
Like stated above,software updates are all you'll get.

Reactions: Matsayz
They will find issues with the current Model Y design and fix those throughout the next year. There were a number of parts on the Model 3 that changed the first year. On obvious part in need of improvement on the Model Y is the rear seat latch. I expect this to quickly get redesigned to make proper installation more consistent and eliminate the creaking some people have been complaining about.

Tesla does not do traditional model year change overs. They have a policy of continous imporvement. They do not wait until the next year to make something better, but add it to the assembly line as soon as it is possible.

There will be improvements made to all the Tesla models in 2021, but they will be phased in over the months.

The thing to consider is: do I like what is being offered now? If you do, get it. This is like buying a computer or phone: there will always be new things coming out that will be better. It will not reach a plateau of completion. There will be software and possibly hardware upgrades in the future, but if you enjoy what you can get now, no reason to wait, and there is reason not to wait: Life is short. Don’t waste your days waiting for some future event on the horizon.

Reactions: ibeugene
Yes, there will be changes, some that will be substantial. You can wait, but Tesla is always improving things. You might want the German or Chinese builds.

I didn't think I was going to get my Y until later this year, but I'm glad I have it now.

Do you guys think there will be any substantial changes for the 2021 models?? Think it's worth waiting a few months for the 2021?

Tesla is software on wheels- so there will always be a better version coming just like PC ...better CPU, better power management , faster memory... so should you wait till the best PC is available??? It is a moving target, so my principle is buy when you are ready .. your software is upgradable via OTA

Reactions: totoro722