Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changes in the order page including prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to nitpick but [1] such assumptions are generally a bad idea and [2] can you explain why you consider shipping the same base car options as a week ago a "downgrade"?
No, what I meant is if the car no longer has the option of a second charger then it would definitely be a downgrade. Anyways, as you already know by now, the whole assumption is wrong.

Most buyers will not wait and see, because most buyers won't even know the option exists if it's not on the order page. Most buyers don't read this or other forums. Part of the problem with dual chargers is the average owner didn't understand what it was used for, and not used for, so they ordered it when it wasn't useful to them, or didn't order it when it would have been.

You're right... I've encountered all kinds of misconceptions on this topic among Tesla owners. Everyone conflates it with Supercharging. Maybe it's an intrinsic problem... but I think the sales staff could state is more clearly, e.g.: "You don't need this for Supercharging, but it can make regular AC charging go a lot faster."

Assuming the program is the same as it was before it ran out of money in February 2014, yes you can order now, you don't get the $5k reduction until you actually pay for the car (on delivery). I happened to buy an inventory car (thanks again Robin!!!) in early January since it was exactly what we wanted. If I had ordered and waited the approximately 2.5 months, the program would have run out of funds before my delivery. So besides only waiting 3 days to get to Vancouver (which nearly drove me nuts) instead of 3 months, I also got the $5k reduction which took effect when I paid everything else and registered the sale. (Yes, my rear end still hurts from the horseshoes, but owning the car is absolutely golden)