Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changes in the Roadster - Tesla Gear Shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the 2.5 bumper upgrade is gone as well. It was "sold out" a few days ago but now its disappeared. That's really too bad because someone just backed into me and I need a new bumper and was planning on getting the 2.5

Hope it comes back on soon.

ipdamages,

Thanks for the offer! The ranger will be taking care of it soon, so I think we're good. I inquired because I thought it might be a good thing to have on hand if the rangers were ever seriously delayed in being able to get here. If that does happen in the future, I may reach out to you.

I hope these changes aren't a sign that they are phasing out upgrades for the Roadster...

The other thread on this topic suggests that the plan is not to go that direction, but I believe in data, and I don't like these. Here's the other thread. Roadster Upgrades Page on Tesla Website

I hope we don't have to rely on Al & Ed's and ourselves (e.g., Henry and MarkWJ) for keeping Roadster upgrades alive. But this looks to be a business decision. They ran out of TPMS tools and saw how long it took to sell the last batch. And they are willing to do the reset for a half hour of labor. So we should all be pretty well covered.

As for 2.5 front ends, I don't see how they can not carry that as some cars will be in accidents and require body work. So I suspect that is a temporary omission/sold out. I find the best thing to do in these situations is to speak with a human in service.

I just spoke to Kevin Yu, who is Director of the Roadster CPO program (finalizing arrangements to get my CPO Roadster delivered!), and asked him about the deletions from the upgrade page. The reason for the change is that Tesla has reached a point where they don't want to sell any more of those parts as upgrades, to ensure that there will be an adequate supply for those who might be in an accident or need replacement parts over the next decade plus.

I just spoke to Kevin Yu, who is Director of the Roadster CPO program (finalizing arrangements to get my CPO Roadster delivered!), and asked him about the deletions from the upgrade page. The reason for the change is that Tesla has reached a point where they don't want to sell any more of those parts as upgrades, to ensure that there will be an adequate supply for those who might be in an accident or need replacement parts over the next decade plus.

Seems a bit odd for something like a level-2 sound kit, which wasn't on the site long. A bit concerned esp after having more positive rumors on upgrades and comments on Joost. (What happened to Joost?).

Last edited:
I agree, Andrew. My roadster has been with Fremont Service for the last four days just to run an hour diagnostic for a power train issue which I would expect to be high on the priority list...

I had service done at Fremont once...Menlo Park is not as swamped and they diagnosed and replaced some PEM fuses in a couple of days. I think the technicians in MP are more familiar with the Roadster as well -