Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changes since AP2 introduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at upgrading my fantastic somewhat unique Obsidian black S75D, AP2, facelift, free SuC follows car, ventilated(!) premium leather seats, matte obeche (gorgeous!) trim, sunroof (and cupholders in the back) Tesla to a new 100D - now at a great price about $12K lower than a new LR.

So I will lose the sunroof, only full glass roof now, but it seems to sweet too (any proof of noise level diff between pano and glass?). Looking to get the cream premium interior as well. Only solid black is left for black so I will do a ceramic coating if so. I actually see some 100Ds in the 3094xx VIN range, so very near the new motors - a few weeks likely. They even list as "Long Range", and have APH4 (HW3), and CH09 as in CCS readiness for Europe (can take more charging?).

But what has changed over the years since my car, which I would get with a new 100D? It does not seem like too much, although that might not matter too much:

- Alcantara dash gone.
- MCU2 (i.e sentry dashcam etc)
- AP 2.5 and now 3.
- New lighted vanity mirrors
- Fake leather seats
- New backseats (looks better!)
- Charging likely faster with the CH09 code, maybe the wiring is made to handle this.
- more?
- Has the 0-60/100 changed for 100D the last 2 years?

I guess rumor has it that they change things on the S almost weekly - but the "visible" list above is not long.

There is the AP3 which should future proof the best AP/TACC experience. Although if a new interior comes soon I might change again in a year and this 100D should keep its value very well.

Free supercharging now sweetens the deal, but I do not use it that much - although somehow it feels important. o_O