Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changes to FSD offerings in used inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been monitoring the used Model X inventory from Tesla for several months (mostly using https://ev-cpo.com/hunter), and I've noticed a change over the last few days. I should note that I've only been paying attention to the 100D variant, but this may apply to others too.

Previously, I would see FSD for pretty much all of them (if equipped) and Enhanced Autopilot for the older ones. But now only some of them are FSD (even if equipped) and the rest are basic Autopilot.

Has anyone else noticed this change? What do you think is going on?

Reactions: EV-CPO
I've been monitoring the used Model X inventory from Tesla for several months (mostly using https://ev-cpo.com/hunter), and I've noticed a change over the last few days. I should note that I've only been paying attention to the 100D variant, but this may apply to others too.

Previously, I would see FSD for pretty much all of them (if equipped) and Enhanced Autopilot for the older ones. But now only some of them are FSD (even if equipped) and the rest are basic Autopilot.

I would assume it is related to the FSD subscription service. Instead of adding the FSD cost to the price of the car, they will just offer a subscription.

Reactions: Bigriver

Yes. I think they’re “downgrading” features that were available in Enhanced that are being resold because it’s so close to what FSD can actually offer today. It’s basically everything FSD offers right now except city streets and Ted light/stop sign.

Interesting. Did prices go down accordingly on those?

This happened the night Elon mentioned about the FSD roll-out.

I’ve been in the process of selling our Model 3 (sold to Vroom) and was eyeing a 100D w/ FSD for a couple months now.

When I realized this, the other night, I went ahead and bought the used ‘17 100D X based on my suspicion they were now going to the subscription model moving forward.

Not really interested in another subscription and would rather finance the FSD.

Looking at the current prices - I’m content with our purchase.

Interesting price change. The AP equipped ones appear to be cheaper than if it were with FSD but not the full $10k cheaper. Looking at a comparable car with AP on the website, it's about $5000 cheaper than mine that came with FSD.
With the FSD/AP changes I'm wondering if they silently removed the uncorked acceleration as well that was included in all the used cars sold on Tesla.com. That would've been a $2500 value.

Interesting price change. The AP equipped ones appear to be cheaper than if it were with FSD but not the full $10k cheaper. Looking at a comparable car with AP on the website, it's about $5000 cheaper than mine that came with FSD.
With the FSD/AP changes I'm wondering if they silently removed the uncorked acceleration as well that was included in all the used cars sold on Tesla.com. That would've been a $2500 value.

Good point. Will check TeslaCPO.io to see if that was removed. I know mine is uncorked.

I’ve been tracking prices for a few weeks now that I’m finally back in the market (looking for a 6 seat,100,pup,subzero)

Any evidence Tesla has taken EAP out with a private party sale yet?

This happened the night Elon mentioned about the FSD roll-out.

I’ve been in the process of selling our Model 3 (sold to Vroom) and was eyeing a 100D w/ FSD for a couple months now.

When I realized this, the other night, I went ahead and bought the used ‘17 100D X based on my suspicion they were now going to the subscription model moving forward.

Not really interested in another subscription and would rather finance the FSD.

Looking at the current prices - I’m content with our purchase.
I traded my Model 3 for a 2017 100D last year. No regrets. Fantastic roadtrip vehicle.

I traded my Model 3 for a 2017 100D last year. No regrets. Fantastic roadtrip vehicle.
I’m looking forward to it for sure. I get delivery tomorrow on it.

Felt kind of crazy paying $69k for a used car but it has it all - Subzero, PUP, HEPA, Hi-Fi Sound, 6 seats, Carbon Fiber, and Uncorked, and currently FSD 2.5.

Only items missing are infotainment upgrade, tow hitch, and the performance/ludicrous software.

Will get the infotainment upgrade for sure.

What are they telling you? It should be $10k but there's also a subscription option expected to be announced within the next month or two or three or......
One person told me $5,000 and one said $7,000. Makes zero sense. To be clear, these are CPOs with Autopilot, not enhanced AP. So the upgrade would be to get smart summon, traffic light/stop sign, etc.

Last edited:
Took delivery of our 2017 X100D.
I was shocked to see the car was pristine externally. Not even a scratch or rock chip anywhere on it. Equally as perfect inside. The leather is spotless. Came with 4 brand new tires. Delivered with FSD installed. The screens look like they were upgraded too. Just need MCU2!

No noticeable shudder, but also feels awkward flooring a massive vehicle like this. Loving the air suspension.

Struggling a bit going from the ease of our keycard + phone key on former Model 3 LR AWD to key fob life. We were a keyless household for about a year.

Realizing the key fob is needed to open the FWDs and the ease of “triple-click close all” (why doesn’t the app control door opening esp FWD?) and walk away.

Other than that, glad I went this route and just pocketed the $45-50k we would have otherwise spent on the new refresh.

Took delivery of our 2017 X100D.
I was shocked to see the car was pristine externally. Not even a scratch or rock chip anywhere on it. Equally as perfect inside. The leather is spotless. Came with 4 brand new tires. Delivered with FSD installed. The screens look like they were upgraded too. Just need MCU2!

No noticeable shudder, but also feels awkward flooring a massive vehicle like this. Loving the air suspension.

Struggling a bit going from the ease of our keycard + phone key on former Model 3 LR AWD to key fob life. We were a keyless household for about a year.

Realizing the key fob is needed to open the FWDs and the ease of “triple-click close all” (why doesn’t the app control door opening esp FWD?) and walk away.

Other than that, glad I went this route and just pocketed the $45-50k we would have otherwise spent on the new refresh.
Congrats!
I think you can just single click to close all as well.