Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changes to invite priority, now only effected by date/time of reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like people just don't like that owners get priority and constantly try to spread the word that owners don't get priority. I ordered in march, getting my car in two weeks. And the FAQ's on tesla's website have always said owners get priority. I feel like people just really don't like it so they will purposefully post that owners don't, to try to stop owners from line jumping. Tesla has been around since 2012, and I am thankful to each and everyone of the people who had the $$ to invest in tesla, those roadster purchases did us all a solid. I do understand the frustration of those who stood in line, and I totally get it, I just don't get people posting stuff that isn't true.

People are just guessing since there is no actual facts to back up anything. A statement by Tesla on scheduling is worth less than the electricity it took to post it on the web. That's not an insult, it's historical data.

I think that people who waited over 2 years and 2 months might get miffed that a CPO buyer can order one in June to sell it at a profit when fewer than 10% of people have received invites after waiting more than 2 years.

It used to bug me a bit when folk were scalping the cars they ordered in 2018 or helping friends jump line.

Not anymore though. If I was invited in November/December/January as first told, I'd be driving the car somebody else wanted. Now I just kick back and order one if they will build it to my specs, or skip it. EVs will get better.

Seriously, if I understand it right, to get light color seats for desert climates, it's $79,000 and up with probably a big delay. Or am I missing something?

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
You are assuming an "owner" is always going to sell for profit, I don't think thats the norm. I can't think of to many people who like scalpers. As has been in existence from the beginning with the 3, when you reserve the email you get SAYS owners get priority and the FAQ does too. It's not a new thing. If you want white seats better off just ordering lowest $ build you can get and just having the seats done custom. LikeTesla on youtube did it. I legit don't care about the seat color.

You are assuming an "owner" is always going to sell for profit, I don't think thats the norm. I can't think of to many people who like scalpers. As has been in existence from the beginning with the 3, when you reserve the email you get SAYS owners get priority and the FAQ does too. It's not a new thing. If you want white seats better off just ordering lowest $ build you can get and just having the seats done custom. LikeTesla on youtube did it. I legit don't care about the seat color.

You probably don't get too many days over 110°F in Virginia.

With a glass roof, the design was actually stolen from Kenner®. It's RPO 666, known as the Easy-Bake Oven combo, commonly referred to as Hell On Wheels. The saving grace is Domino's Pizza is going to buy a bunch and use them as rolling pizza ovens.

Some assumed the triage would be:

Investors, employees, friends of Elon.
Tesla MS/X/R owners or their immediate family.
Line waiters.
On-Line orders.

Once the queue hits the bottom, sales open up.

That's not how it happened.

Fewer than 10% of on-line orders have been invited.

And when threads appeared about 'scalping' about 1/2 the posts said it's fine. And it continues after 10 months. It's capitalism, but endorsed by changing the transfer policy and allowing existing MS/X owners to pick up a unit for that purpose 2 years after reservations started since for every Model 3 driver today, there are 10 who would need a scalper or to cut line just to get the generic $50k model.

Called earlier today for a separate issue, and asked about priority. Here’s what I was told:
- in essence, there’s only one “line” now
- any new reservations (may apply to current reservations) for AWD or FP are in one line
- upon invite, you can select your cofif from there (FP/AWD)
- (my thoughts - your delivery at this point will be dependent upon your config. Rep didn’t specify if AWD and FP would be built/delivered simultaneously
- S/X owners still have priority. Since there’s only one line, any speculation about AWD or FP config invites is moot.

Called earlier today for a separate issue, and asked about priority. Here’s what I was told:
- in essence, there’s only one “line” now
- any new reservations (may apply to current reservations) for AWD or FP are in one line
- upon invite, you can select your cofif from there (FP/AWD)
- (my thoughts - your delivery at this point will be dependent upon your config. Rep didn’t specify if AWD and FP would be built/delivered simultaneously
- S/X owners still have priority. Since there’s only one line, any speculation about AWD or FP config invites is moot.
so essentially Tesla can't keep their story straight. Multiple people have been told it makes a difference whether you want a first production or awd whether you get priority.

so essentially Tesla can't keep their story straight. Multiple people have been told it makes a difference whether you want a first production or awd whether you get priority.

It could still make a difference with regard to delivery. For example - you're next in line and i'm 10th in line. You and the 8 people behind you will all get invited before me, but if you each want AWD and I want LR, there's a chance I'd still get mine before you. That's assuming they build/deliver the LR before the AWD and you guys are put "on hold" until your number is called for AWD.

It could still make a difference with regard to delivery. For example - you're next in line and i'm 10th in line. You and the 8 people behind you will all get invited before me, but if you each want AWD and I want LR, there's a chance I'd still get mine before you. That's assuming they build/deliver the LR before the AWD and you guys are put "on hold" until your number is called for AWD.
I ordered 5/31/18 and my estimator shows FP: Mid 2018 AWD: Late 2018 SR: Late 2018. And I spoke with Tesla and they said I'm looking at a July-August delivery for FP so it does seem to make a big difference which option you want.

I don't believe this is correct. From everything that's been said, the only priority queue for owners is for LR RWD PUP (aka "First Production"). All other configuration are based on first come, first served. So if you want SR, you'll be after everyone who's already in line.

yes, that seems to be the case. Pretty frustrating. As a model s owner, I wanted to get the performance model 3 when it came out. I chose to work that day and just go online and make the reservation given my understanding of the reservation process. I still reserved on the first day and did get an early invite for the early version but cannot order the performance version. I certainly would have camped out the night before had I known that my being a Tesla owner did not apply to the dual motor priority algorithm.

Whether you agree with the way they assign priority or not ( i personally think it should have been first come first serve) , the rules should have been made clear up front

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911