Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changes to Tesla supercharger map online

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked the Supercharger map on Tesla.com and it's showing some interesting new information. First off, it's showing "new" superchargers with quarterly openings where there are existing superchargers in Salinas, San Luis Obispo, Atascadero etc. Could these be upgrades to V3 for these stations vs. new stations?

Very interesting that the superchargers are now shown by quarter instead of the old "By Year End 2020" which seemed like a placeholder and sometimes was not met.

The Mendocino Supercharger coming soon is gone, but Ft. Bragg (which makes more sense) shows opening this year.

ALSO interesting are new superchargers coming in Sand City, Arroyo Grande and Santa Margarita (finally, I'm guessing it will be at the Target.)

I haven't had a lot of time to spend with the map but I'm sure the experts on here will have a field day with these updates.

I was looking at the "find us" map on the Tesla website today and noticed a few changes have been made since my last visit.

When you click on the gray pin of a "coming soon" location, they now give a target date that is more specific than before, such as "Target Opening Q1 2021" (or another quarter in 2021), with some saying target opening 2022. I have not yet found any pins with a target date later than 2022.

The box that opens when you click on a coming soon pin now says, "New locations added and timing updated quarterly."

I noticed that the coming soon pin for Kayenta, AZ is gone. I have not yet identified any other locations that have been removed. I'm thinking that they may have removed the pin for any location with a target date of 2023 or later. I really hope that Kayenta has not been taken off the table completely. A supercharger in Kayenta would make travel to the Four Corners a lot easier.

There is a coming soon pin in Needles, CA with a target opening of Q4 2021, in addition to the existing SC. Hopefully some of the members can watch for signs of a new location in Needles. The current SC does not lend itself to expansion, so my theory is that they are lining up a new location, something like what happened in Quartzsite.

Anyone else have any differences you have found in the map?

Tim

Reactions: CO_MY
I was looking at the "find us" map on the Tesla website today and noticed a few changes have been made since my last visit.

When you click on the gray pin of a "coming soon" location, they now give a target date that is more specific than before, such as "Target Opening Q1 2021" (or another quarter in 2021), with some saying target opening 2022. I have not yet found any pins with a target date later than 2022.

The box that opens when you click on a coming soon pin now says, "New locations added and timing updated quarterly."

I noticed that the coming soon pin for Kayenta, AZ is gone. I have not yet identified any other locations that have been removed. I'm thinking that they may have removed the pin for any location with a target date of 2023 or later. I really hope that Kayenta has not been taken off the table completely. A supercharger in Kayenta would make travel to the Four Corners a lot easier.

There is a coming soon pin in Needles, CA with a target opening of Q4 2021, in addition to the existing SC. Hopefully some of the members can watch for signs of a new location in Needles. The current SC does not lend itself to expansion, so my theory is that they are lining up a new location, something like what happened in Quartzsite.

Anyone else have any differences you have found in the map?

Tim
The removal of Kayenta from the map without a suitable replacement is disappointing! I bought my S in 2017 with Tesla's commitment for a SC in (or near) Kayenta. We love the Navajo lands and SW Colorado. We've tried to be patient, but not only have they not built a SC here for 3+ years after committing to do so, they've now removed it from the map completely. I know a lot of Tesla owners who are depending on Kayenta to shorten our trips to CO and the Navajo Lands. Northern AZ gets very cold in winter with snow and strong winds so having a SC up there would really help us out.