Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changes/Updates to Model S when Model X is ready

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla continuously rolls out changes, some major, some minor. If you're going to be waiting for the "best of the best", you'll never have a Tesla. I bought one, knowing that in a few months, my car will likely not be the latest and greatest. But at least I'm driving it now.

Due to specific personal financials, I will be ordering my P85D (or whatever it is called at that time) in late November 2015 for a late March delivery.

I did read about a new design for the wheels (Bloomburg article on Elon Musk) a few months ago.

I have also read about a new design for the Pano Roof... Know nothing more about this.

Other than that small change who knows what Tesla has up its sleeve as far as the S is concerned.

Like many others, I do suspect that some changes for the S will be coming either at the time of X configuration or perhaps a quarter or so later.
I think the X's teething pains on the production line will prompt most within Tesla to keep things as close to the same on the S other than
simple bolt on parts variances, i.e.: wheels.

Last edited:
Is it true that the S uses suspension components from Mercedes?

If so, what would be really good is if the S got MBs active suspension option. It uses sensors to "read" the road surface, and then adjusts the suspension at each wheel independently to offset rough roads, pot holes, ridges, etc. From people I've talked to, the closest comparison they can make is that it's like you're always driving on a freshly laid asphalt highway.

That would be my vote.

I was following this forum for a while and my list of desired features keep on growing)) I just shortened it from 34 to 10, and here it is (sorted by desirability :cool:):

1. Mobileye EyeQ4 (for even better autopilot)
  2. MBs active suspension
  3. Power door/frunk closers
  4. RAM (to store maps & record video from cameras)
  5. Latest processor to speed up UI
  6. Ventilated seats
  7. Heated steering wheel
  8. Door handle bars & storage
  9. Back-seat accessible USB ports
  10. Tire pressure sensors

Tesla continuously rolls out changes, some major, some minor. If you're going to be waiting for the "best of the best", you'll never have a Tesla. I bought one, knowing that in a few months, my car will likely not be the latest and greatest. But at least I'm driving it now.
Don't get me wrong, I just have a strong feeling that Model S will get better when Model X is ready, so hopefully 2-3 month of waiting was worth it. And hopefully I can check off some items from my list :rolleyes:

I was following this forum for a while and my list of desired features keep on growing)) I just shortened it from 34 to 10, and here it is (sorted by desirability :cool:):

1. Mobileye EyeQ4 (for even better autopilot)
  2. MBs active suspension
  3. Power door/frunk closers
  4. RAM (to store maps & record video from cameras)
  5. Latest processor to speed up UI
  6. Ventilated seats
  7. Heated steering wheel
  8. Door handle bars & storage
  9. Back-seat accessible USB ports
  10. Tire pressure sensors

Don't get me wrong, I just have a strong feeling that Model S will get better when Model X is ready, so hopefully 2-3 month of waiting was worth it. And hopefully I can check off some items from my list :rolleyes:

already has 7 and 10.