Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing 19” Gemini to 20” induction wheel set , TPMS question ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

so I have the Gemini wheels with the original TPMS. I end up picking up a induction set with the factory TPMS.

Can I just swap out the set without switching the TPMS? And my car will recognize the induction set without popping up low tire warning?

And will the left screen car image show the updated wheels?

if not, how hard it is to re program the TPMS on the induction set? Dealer job or DIY? The TPMS is BT. So do I need to remove the tires to scan the barcode on the TPMS to re program it?

What if I just use the induction set and not switch the TPMS? Will the car fully function?

Lastly , will u redo the alignment?

TIA.

Hi

so I have the Gemini wheels with the original TPMS. I end up picking up a induction set with the factory TPMS.

Can I just swap out the set without switching the TPMS? And my car will recognize the induction set without popping up low tire warning?

Yes. You should do WHEEL CONFIGURATION change under the Service Menu screen.
And will the left screen car image show the updated wheels?

Yes, if you do the above.

if not, how hard it is to re program the TPMS on the induction set? Dealer job or DIY? The TPMS is BT. So do I need to remove the tires to scan the barcode on the TPMS to re program it?

See above...

What if I just use the induction set and not switch the TPMS? Will the car fully function?

Yes

Lastly , will u redo the alignment?

No

;)

Reactions: yellowr6