Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing air filter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there,

I know many of you change your own filters, but i've got severe arthritis and can't do it myself. I was wondering if there were any major chains any of you would trust do the job? I'd rather not bring it into the tesla dealership just for this.

We do not even know what type of filter the OP has, no year mentioned. The best we can do is assume he has an S since he posted in the S section. There are a least 3 different filters and locations over the years, some take no time at all and others get rather involved.

Reactions: Gtech
To clarify the words @airborne spoon is talking about…

44B80E8A-3EE1-4065-9072-88A04E569B22.jpeg

I have a 2020 MS LR+ with the standard filter, all the video's i've seen show removing the dash to get to the filter. I think it was easier on older models.
So based on this new information, (Which should've been in your original post!!) I'm guessing you want to replace item number 5.

This pic doesn't show its location very well but it looks like a similar location to the pre-facelift cars.
Why do you want to change it on such a new car? my filter has been in there for 5 years and i pulled it out a few weeks back to get to a bolt in the area and it was looking good. I still hit it with the air compressor before i tossed it back in but not a whole lot came out.

Untitled.png

So based on this new information, (Which should've been in your original post!!) I'm guessing you want to replace item number 5.

This pic doesn't show its location very well but it looks like a similar location to the pre-facelift cars.
Why do you want to change it on such a new car? my filter has been in there for 5 years and i pulled it out a few weeks back to get to a bolt in the area and it was looking good. I still hit it with the air compressor before i tossed it back in but not a whole lot came out.
That looks like it's under the hood, which would require removing the entire shroud and frunk box, and a bunch of other parts from what i've seen. Definitely not something i feel comfortable doing myself.

Honestly, i scheduled a mobile service visit, and it's $20 total. I was shocked. Although they're also doing the frunk latch recall adjustment, so maybe most of the cost was absorbed by that.

As for why? it's almost 3 years old, and have over 40,000 miles on it. I figure it's time.

Where do you get the replacement filters? Help I’ve got a 2015 Pre Facelift Model S and all the ones on the Tesla store arent compatible. I would prefer getting OEM parts instead of generic cause there are so many cheapp Chinese brands that are fake and don’t do anything at all. Thanks.
I don’t have that car anymore so I don’t know where you’d get them now. But I used to get them directly from Tesla

Where do you get the replacement filters? Help I’ve got a 2015 Pre Facelift Model S and all the ones on the Tesla store arent compatible. I would prefer getting OEM parts instead of generic cause there are so many cheapp Chinese brands that are fake and don’t do anything at all. Thanks.

These look good.