Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing an Option after your Confirmed Order Date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bebop

Jun 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm curious if any one has had trouble changing an option say the day after your scheduled confirmed date? You place a deposit and then have 2-3 days to make any changes.

I've been back and forth on the seat option and may opt to go leather instead. Would it be possible to make that change or once its confirmed then you can't do anything? This is my first time placing an order. And today is the day after said date.

I'm curious if any one has had trouble changing an option say the day after your scheduled confirmed date? You place a deposit and then have 2-3 days to make any changes.

I've been back and forth on the seat option and may opt to go leather instead. Would it be possible to make that change or once its confirmed then you can't do anything? This is my first time placing an order. And today is the day after said date.

You can't get leather anymore :)

Reactions: boaterva
I was just on the phone with my DS regarding changing my RWD 75 to 75D. She said changes can be made as long as your Tesla is more than 3 weeks outside date of production start. She quoted a 500$ modification fee.

Does anyone know if the 500$ mod fee can be waived?

I was just on the phone with my DS regarding changing my RWD 75 to 75D. She said changes can be made as long as your Tesla is more than 3 weeks outside date of production start. She quoted a 500$ modification fee.

Does anyone know if the 500$ mod fee can be waived?

Yeah the $500 fee seems to be standard for changes after confirmed date and to be honest it's completely fair. You could ask to waive it. I've read stories of some people not being charged the fee. I haven't been notified yet of changes I requested to be final. I'll post and see if they charge me or waive it off

Hey are you comparing the textile seats vs the premium seats?

i have a 2017 loaner right now with the textile seats. they are not bad if you want to save the ~$3000 and they are comfy/soft but i do not like the look of them.

if you want pics of anything, let me know. PM me your number. im returning the car later today

Reactions: Bebop
Hey are you comparing the textile seats vs the premium seats?

i have a 2017 loaner right now with the textile seats. they are not bad if you want to save the ~$3000 and they are comfy/soft but i do not like the look of them.

if you want pics of anything, let me know. PM me your number. im returning the car later today

Hey Kevin. I do appreciate the help. I'm going to stick with the leather change for sure. I'm waiting on confirmation of my desired changes to my order.