TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Changing back to Non Staggered Setup?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Bratwurst, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Bratwurst

Bratwurst Member

Wondering if any P85+ or P85D owners out there have or have considered switching from there current staggered setup (245/35/21 8.5J front 265/35/21 9J rear) to a square setup (245/35/21 8.5J all around)?

Benefit would be the ability to rotate tires. Cons are smaller tires on rear. Seems like less of a problem with the AWD P85D. My Tesla parts SC had recommended this as an option and I was wondering if anyone has tried this or has opinions?

A second benefit for me is reduced cost, as I am looking to upgrade to the 21"s for a P85D I ordered with 19's for winter. The square setup is sold as a package for $5800 where as the staggered setup needs to be ordered individually and creeps up to $6800.

2. Lintrix

Lintrix Member

I am running squared setup for my 19" winter set. It's been working great for me so far and as a plus I will be able to rotate them for next time around.