Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing Charge Source & Plug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have the Gen 3 Tesla Wall Connector wired to a 60 amp circuit and my max charge rate set to 48 amps.

I have never used my mobile connector and I want to try/test it just to verify it is working in case I ever need it.

Do I have to set the new charge rate to 12 amps, or will the car do that automatically?
If it does it automatically, will it automatically revert back to 48 amps if I next plug in the Tesla wall connector?

I assume the car is aware of the 110-120 Volt source, but can it automatically tell the difference between a 15 amp and 20 amp 110-120 volt circuit without me inputting the specific amps?

I started with and still use the mobile connector except for two times using a ChargePoint L2 for around an hour each. I went about 2 months on 120V before getting a 240V / 50A outlet installed. I never did anything. On 120V it uses around 12A charges at 4-5. On 240/50A it automatically uses 30A for about 30mph.