Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing Delivery Date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To maximize recognized revenue in each quarter, i expect, as I believe revenue is recognized when the cars are delivered and accepted by the customer. US cars are more quickly delivered (particularly at the factory), so TM would like the foreign cars to be manufactured and shipped early in the quarter. This results in crazy-day at the end of the quarter at the factory. If you were to watch deliveries there, you'd swear that they really only get to work at the end of the quarter. Deliveries, tours, folks hanging around the showroom are at a max. Concerned me about taking delivery at the end of the quarter, until i realized the pressure was mostly on the delivery prep team, and not much risk for end-of-the-quarter sloppier manufacturing.

I ordered a S85D April 6th and the design studio gave me a Late-May delivery date.
Then the S70D came out so I switched to it April 8th and the design studio gave me a May delivery date.
Now today I checked and it is giving me a June delivery date. Is this normal?