TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Changing Delivery Date

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by GregTexas, Apr 13, 2015.

1. GregTexas

GregTexas Member

I ordered a S85D April 6th and the design studio gave me a Late-May delivery date.
    Then the S70D came out so I switched to it April 8th and the design studio gave me a May delivery date.
    Now today I checked and it is giving me a June delivery date. Is this normal?

2. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Yes. It is very very very common for US deliveries to "slip" to the last month of the quarter. If you search back a few weeks you'll see that I predicted that exactly this would happen in the "website wait time" thread.

3. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Member

The design studio gives estimated delivery times on the date you order. The current date on the design studio is for customers ordering on the current date.

Yours might still be delivered in May.

4. GregTexas

GregTexas Member

Great. I assume within a few hours my order will confirm and then it will give me a new estimate.

5. pmoa

pmoa Member

Mine said may delivery when i ordered it and now it says june. I just figure theyd rather be early than late. Nothing to worry about.

6. GregTexas

GregTexas Member

Now that my order is confirmed it's back to May. Yay!

7. Doug Darby

Doug Darby Member

My S85D is delivering tomorrow which is a full two weeks in advance of the Estimated Delivery date orginally given.

8. idaten

idaten Member

To maximize recognized revenue in each quarter, i expect, as I believe revenue is recognized when the cars are delivered and accepted by the customer. US cars are more quickly delivered (particularly at the factory), so TM would like the foreign cars to be manufactured and shipped early in the quarter. This results in crazy-day at the end of the quarter at the factory. If you were to watch deliveries there, you'd swear that they really only get to work at the end of the quarter. Deliveries, tours, folks hanging around the showroom are at a max. Concerned me about taking delivery at the end of the quarter, until i realized the pressure was mostly on the delivery prep team, and not much risk for end-of-the-quarter sloppier manufacturing.