TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Changing delivery location?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by choosetoshrug, Aug 20, 2016.

1. choosetoshrug

choosetoshrug Member

Has anyone had any experience changing the delivery location on your order? More specifically, I'm wondering if it will cause any delays in the scheduled delivery? I'm supposed to pick up in Cincinnati but have a wedding in Chicago the weekend that my MX is supposed to be delivered. So, it would be much more convenient to get it there.

2. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I thought about doing this on one of my deliveries and I'm glad I didn't try. Too many variables. When your car arrives it has to go through pre delivery inspection (PDI) and there may be things the service center has to fix. You could end up in Chicago with a car not ready for delivery, and then it will either need to be shipped again or you'll have to come back. You may also want to look at the state sales tax situation in Illinois. Some states exempt an out of state purchaser from sales tax, others do not.

3. choosetoshrug

choosetoshrug Member

Gotcha, good points, thanks! (I meant Cleveland, not Cincinnatti, btw.). I just found out it's out of production so I'm hoping it arrives earlier than anticipated!

4. atcshagz

atcshagz Member

Choosetoshrug...have you picked up your car yet? I am to let the Tesla advisor know today if we would prefer Cincinnati or Cleveland. I still have pregnancy brain and can't make a decision.

5. choosetoshrug

choosetoshrug Member

No, I'm just going to have it delivered and save the hassle.