TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Changing email ID

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jgd108, Mar 23, 2018.

1. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Hi
    Anybody also not able to change their email ID of their account?

I've been getting this since morning:

Sorry, there was an error saving your new email, please try again.

2. Aoife

Aoife Member

Hi! I got the same error yesterday when I tried, so it's not just you.

3. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Thanks for confirming!

4. bonnie

bonnie I play a nice person on twitter.

@jgd108, @Aoife -- I don't think you can just change the email on your account (even though there is a field for it). That's part of how Tesla identifies you throughout their system.

I'd recommend emailing [email protected] and put 'change of account email address' in the subject line. Use the email address that they have on file. If you no longer have access to that, they'll probably ask you for some other identification. They're usually pretty good about responding within a few days.

• Helpful x 1
  5. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Thanks for the tip, will try that!

6. jgd108

jgd108 Member

I've heard some reports they are backlogged and can take weeks, is that true?

7. bonnie

bonnie I play a nice person on twitter.

Why don't you try it and find out :). I know of no other way to change an email address. Is this somethig time sensitive?

8. FlyF4

FlyF4 Son of a MX

Yes, that works. I did that many months ago. They changed it easily. I did it from within the account, and they did not ask for any other information.

9. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Thanks. Just called tesla and they said they "have been having issues for the last month" regarding changing email ID online.. who knows :)

10. CMD1997

CMD1997 Member

I changed my email address in Tesla account, lost 3600 miles of supercharging. In talks currently with Tesla. They are the one who did the change obviously.