Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing email ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jgd108, @Aoife -- I don't think you can just change the email on your account (even though there is a field for it). That's part of how Tesla identifies you throughout their system.

I'd recommend emailing [email protected] and put 'change of account email address' in the subject line. Use the email address that they have on file. If you no longer have access to that, they'll probably ask you for some other identification. They're usually pretty good about responding within a few days.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlyF4
@jgd108, @Aoife -- I don't think you can just change the email on your account (even though there is a field for it). That's part of how Tesla identifies you throughout their system.

I'd recommend emailing [email protected] and put 'change of account email address' in the subject line. Use the email address that they have on file. If you no longer have access to that, they'll probably ask you for some other identification. They're usually pretty good about responding within a few days.

Thanks for the tip, will try that!

I've heard some reports they are backlogged and can take weeks, is that true?

Yes, that works. I did that many months ago. They changed it easily. I did it from within the account, and they did not ask for any other information.