TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Changing fm radio stations?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by RyanDe, Jul 13, 2018.

1. RyanDe

RyanDe Member

is there a better way with the sheep controls? Next changes favorites, I want it to basically seek the radio.

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

When you make the app full screen, you should see the list of all of the stations. I don't think that you can do a standard seek though

3. HeloCaptain

HeloCaptain Member

My experience is that if you have any "favorites" selected, the steering wheel buttons will only rotate through the favorite selections. If no favorites are selected, it will seek.

4. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

Not that I know of but it would be a nice feature especially traveling.
    When you know the station number you can also hold down the right scroll wheel and say "play station #" For example in Boston "play 90.9" will play the local NPR FM station.

• Like x 1
  5. Dana1

Dana1 Supporting Member

I realized today it’s collecting songs I’ve liked on various stations into a “Owners favorites” station.

6. Lobstahz

Lobstahz Member

Glad to know I'm not the only one, I couldn't for the life of my figure out how to seek through the standard list of radio stations with the wheel controls. I had the same experience, it would only go through my favorites.

Manually pressing the next button on the main screen isn't very convenient as it's a stretch and being a touch screen I can't leave my finger on it and "press" for the next station, I have to fully remove my finger which means I have to look over (or poke blindly) to get the next station.

This seems like it would be an easy fix, I hope they resolve it soon.

• Like x 1
  7. RichXKU

RichXKU Member

Same deal with HD radio. You have to save the HD2 or 3 station as a favorite to get to it without using the |< >| buttons.
    I'd be happy if they moved the on screen seek buttons to the left for an easier reach, but even better would be to long-press the left wheel left or right to seek.