Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing from finance to lease?

PB33

Apr 18, 2020
Chicago
Hi all,

Glad many are receiving VINs and successfully picking up their new model Ys! I have been assigned and scheduled to pick up on June 3rd as I am on a trip out of town (Chicago). I'm a Canadian who lives and works in the US and was approved for financing through Chase with a decent rate however don't think I'll be living in the US beyond the next 1.5-2 years. Since it's a 5-year loan, don't think I would be able to import to Canada. Has anyone switched purchasing options/lease shortly prior to delivery? Would I just message my SA or anyone else?
Thanks!

Cjacktesmy

May 14, 2021
Newton
Personally, I have not, but I have read of numerous people that do just what you are planning, or the reciprocal. Contact your SA, and they will provide you with the proper path forward to address your concerns.

frankvb

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Feb 29, 2020
San Diego, CA
Just pay off the loan when you are moving back to Canada? Once you've imported it into Canada you can always apply for a loan there if needed.

Celeritas

Jun 25, 2017
Chicago
Yes, as long as it's before delivery very easy to do, just contact your SA. You'll then be able to change the payment options on the screen or they can do it for you.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC