Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing from Sport to Aero - delivery estimate impact?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reservation 12/2017. Ordered 6/29/2018. Red AWD, Black interior, EAP.

My current delivery estimate is Sept-Nov. Using the Edit Design link, I started to switch from the 19" to the 18" wheels (now that I've seen the wheel cap kit). But I was scared off by the potential for getting a new estimate ("Delivery in ~2-4 months" is the message that I see prior to confirming the change). I know that in practice, this shouldn't make much difference. But has anyone actually made this change and gotten their estimate pushed back? I definitely don't want to miss the end-of-the-year delivery.

It says 2-4 months for every single configuration you can order today... don't think you take a lot away from that. People ordering RWD in the last few weeks are often getting them a week later.

I assume you would retain priority for your original order date, but it might also change to "Oct-Dec" ..I could only speculate. The biggest thing impacting your delivery right now is the fact you didn't get Performance - looks like most people who did have been advanced to September delivery (and they may have ordered after you.)

I'm hoping there are other in your same situation that are a little closer (late September delivery for me). I would gladly exchange my aero wheels + $1500 for your sport wheels. The only reason I'm not getting them is that they don't list it as an option for the P3D, and 20's + track mode for 5k is too much.

Reservation 12/2017. Ordered 6/29/2018. Red AWD, Black interior, EAP.

My current delivery estimate is Sept-Nov. Using the Edit Design link, I started to switch from the 19" to the 18" wheels (now that I've seen the wheel cap kit). But I was scared off by the potential for getting a new estimate ("Delivery in ~2-4 months" is the message that I see prior to confirming the change). I know that in practice, this shouldn't make much difference. But has anyone actually made this change and gotten their estimate pushed back? I definitely don't want to miss the end-of-the-year delivery.

I changed from sport to aero last week and estimate delivery remains the same. Mine is also sept - nov

• Funny
Reactions: willa1975