TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Changing from Sport to Aero - delivery estimate impact?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Taliesin, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Taliesin

Taliesin Member

Reservation 12/2017. Ordered 6/29/2018. Red AWD, Black interior, EAP.

My current delivery estimate is Sept-Nov. Using the Edit Design link, I started to switch from the 19" to the 18" wheels (now that I've seen the wheel cap kit). But I was scared off by the potential for getting a new estimate ("Delivery in ~2-4 months" is the message that I see prior to confirming the change). I know that in practice, this shouldn't make much difference. But has anyone actually made this change and gotten their estimate pushed back? I definitely don't want to miss the end-of-the-year delivery.

2. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

It says 2-4 months for every single configuration you can order today... don't think you take a lot away from that. People ordering RWD in the last few weeks are often getting them a week later.

I assume you would retain priority for your original order date, but it might also change to "Oct-Dec" ..I could only speculate. The biggest thing impacting your delivery right now is the fact you didn't get Performance - looks like most people who did have been advanced to September delivery (and they may have ordered after you.)

3. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

I'm hoping there are other in your same situation that are a little closer (late September delivery for me). I would gladly exchange my aero wheels + $1500 for your sport wheels. The only reason I'm not getting them is that they don't list it as an option for the P3D, and 20's + track mode for 5k is too much.

4. loelee16

loelee16 Member

I changed from sport to aero last week and estimate delivery remains the same. Mine is also sept - nov

• Funny x 1
  5. Taliesin

Taliesin Member

Thanks @loelee16. I made the change and I'm still listed as Sep-Nov.

6. scherer326

scherer326 Member

I ordered msm, RWD, Aero last week and already got the call for delivery. Non reservation holder. They are being pushed out quick.

7. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

They have a little bit of a supply of RWD... think a lot of people switched their orders from RWD to AWD.

That said, I placed my order for AWD Performance 8/13 and now scheduled for delivery 10/1 (original reservation on Day 1)