Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing gears while moving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

recently got a model 3 and while driving i accidentally changed gears on the right stalk thinking it was the indicator stalk. I think the error message said i was going too fast but just wanted to make sure i didnt do any lasting damage

anyone got any views

thanks

Note that it is possible to change into Neutral while driving. I think I cancelled TACC "twice". The first upshift actually cancelled TACC and the second put it into Neutral.
I've done this twice at an intersection and didn't realize it until the light turned green and I wouldn't move when I pressed the pedal. Took me a second to figure out what I'd done since it was unintentional. It's surprisingly easy to shift into neutral while canceling autopilot.

I've done this twice at an intersection and didn't realize it until the light turned green and I wouldn't move when I pressed the pedal. Took me a second to figure out what I'd done since it was unintentional. It's surprisingly easy to shift into neutral while canceling autopilot.
I was in a carpark and stopped to check for oncoming cars, accidently hit the right stalk to indicate and went into reverse... whoops! Fortunate there was no car behind me, but made me wary of doing it again