Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing headliner and pillars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen someone on here who spray painted all of the trim pieces with a matte black. It looked great and I might even like it better than black alcantara since the texture/look is more even. I think it looks best on the white interior but this person did it in a black interior and it looked pretty good but took lots of work.

Assume you are familiar with this? I think they paint the the trim pieces. Its quite an expensive endeavor, for sure.

Tesla Model 3 Alcantara Headliner Upgrade Kit for Tesla Model 3 - Unplugged Performance

I've recovered a bunch of interior pieces on another one of my cars in Alcantara. It isn't hard. And I bet disassembly of the model 3 interior panels is not that difficult either. Its just a lot of time and nuisance. Materials...maybe $200-$300 of materials.

I plan on spraying the headliner to black, cheaper than the alcantara material which after including the paint for the plastic and the adhesive, will probably cost around ~$400.

Using Dupli-Color High Performance Vinyl and Fabric Coating HVP106 to do it and some black spray paint for plastic (haven't decided which one yet. I do fear breaking the headliner clips though. Given that I heard that the sun visors are really thirsty, it will probably take 6-7 cans for an even black front to back.

Alcantara may prove to be more difficult because things like the speaker grills and the coat hook frame I believe are plastic welded into the headliner and thats just not a headache I want to deal with. Wrapping the sun visor in alcantara would be quite a time consuming endeavor as well.

I'm trying to figure out how to mask off the hazard light button so that I don't block the light in the triangle.

some dude, i think he owns a shop in miami (he posts alot on the facebook modded telsa group) just replaced his whole headliner on a model Y in alcantara, i think hes heavily modded some crazy chrome X too, good chance hes on this forum in one of those subs