Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing home address for an earlier allocation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I'm hoping someone with knowledge of past model roll outs can comment...

I'm a day 1 reservation holder, I estimate I made the reservation and paid within 20-40 seconds of the page going live.

My mailing/residency address is in Ohio, but I live nomadically in an RV. I also have family in Dallas TX.

My question is, would updating my address with Tesla to Dallas get me an earlier allocation? And if so, any thoughts on best practices doing so/which department to contact at Tesla?

TIA!

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
Yes rhumbliner, this thread is all about you and taking your spot in line 🤡

If changing address to be closer to factory is a viable strategy to get cyber truck months or years earlier, I’m sure many enthusiasts will do the same and travel for pickup.

• Disagree
Reactions: buckets0fun
I think the answer is nobody knows for sure. It is entirely possible that TX folks will get earlier models because of proximity to the factory. It is also, however, very possible that TX's outdated dealer laws will make Tesla shy away from the first releases being near home. (The latest I heard was you sign a limited power of attorney for them and they sell you the car in CA and retitle it in TX for you. I welcome corrections or updates to the process FYI.)