Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing interior color after “waiting for contract” stage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered last year and waiting for an AWD Blue/White FSD in Washington DC. Have completed all paperwork and am in the “waiting for contract” stage.

Last night, decided not to get the white interior and instead go with the color (had a second kid and impact on white seats is top of mind)

Any idea if I can change just the interior color and keep everything the same? When I ordered, FSD was 5K and now is 7K. Will the change trigger the increase in FSD price too? This might accelerate my delivery as black interior is seemingly being prioritized.

Or, finally, is just better to cancel and place a new order?

Ordered last year and waiting for an AWD Blue/White FSD in Washington DC. Have completed all paperwork and am in the “waiting for contract” stage.

Last night, decided not to get the white interior and instead go with the color (had a second kid and impact on white seats is top of mind)

Any idea if I can change just the interior color and keep everything the same? When I ordered, FSD was 5K and now is 7K. Will the change trigger the increase in FSD price too? This might accelerate my delivery as black interior is seemingly being prioritized.

Or, finally, is just better to cancel and place a new order?
Contact Tesla via the chat option (bottom right on ordering page) and ask about the change. They can make the change for you and it's likely you'll get your Y faster with the black but it will probably trigger you to pay more for FSD. So $1K less for the black but $2K more for the FSD ending up paying $1K more overall but you SHOULD get your Y faster. None of us really know if all of a sudden they'll start pumping out white interiors tomorrow but the consensus from people's intel here is white will be a while. Good luck! FWIW I initially ordered white myself but changed to black to speed things up and I'm still waiting....

Contact Tesla via the chat option (bottom right on ordering page) and ask about the change. They can make the change for you and it's likely you'll get your Y faster with the black but it will probably trigger you to pay more for FSD. So $1K less for the black but $2K more for the FSD ending up paying $1K more overall but you SHOULD get your Y faster. None of us really know if all of a sudden they'll start pumping out white interiors tomorrow but the consensus from people's intel here is white will be a while. Good luck! FWIW I initially ordered white myself but changed to black to speed things up and I'm still waiting....
There have been plenty of white interiors delivered recently and white interiors with delivery dates. Shouldn't affect the timing too much. For a decrease in the FSD price they should contact their delivery advisor and/or service center and ask them to change it back.