Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

changing model 3 Brake pads to Brembo SPORT Brake pads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I have done to my M3 LR is fitted the gaskets to all doors and I have noticed the sound reduction from the outside once I fitted them to all doors. I do recommend this to anyone that has not yet done this to theirs. The sound closing the door has a better sound when closing and will keep out the extra dust trying to get in in the areas where dust will beat her over time.

I taken the car on the motorway and there is more silence to the outside with these gaskets fitted.

Can anyone tell me if this is true that if we added a back spoiler and informed Tesla that they will increase the M3 LR to 165mph? Just a rumour I heard but not had this confirmed. But hey where is there in the UK that we can even drive at 140mph these days with all the cameras about now.

Can anyone tell me if this is true that if we added a back spoiler and informed Tesla that they will increase the M3 LR to 165mph? Just a rumour I heard but not had this confirmed. But hey where is there in the UK that we can even drive at 140mph these days with all the cameras about now.

The aim of a spoiler is to increase downforce which , as a result, increases rolling resistence. Therefore it is more likely to reduce top speed than increase it ( the spoiler added to the Performance model is more form than function anyway so if you mean one like that it’ll probably have zero effect )

The LR has a top speed of 145 so it’s almost laughable that anyone can claim an additional 20 mph to the top speed.

That story has come about because some P3+ cars were delivered without spoilers in the U.S. and owners reported the speed was software limited to less than than the published top speed (162mph) until the spoiler had been fitted by a ranger who then unlocked the software.

Whether that has any basis in fact is debatable. It certainly doesn't follow that just by fitting a spoiler to a LR, you will magically see an increase in Vmax. In fact I'm 100% certain you will not.

That story has come about because some P3+ cars were delivered without spoilers in the U.S. and owners reported the speed was software limited to less than than the published top speed (162mph) until the spoiler had been fitted by a ranger who then unlocked the software.

Whether that has any basis in fact is debatable. It certainly doesn't follow that just by fitting a spoiler to a LR, you will magically see an increase in Vmax. In fact I'm 100% certain you will not.

the spoiler will just basically be an added feature for the car with no gains whatsoever, oh well. Thanks for the feed back regarding the rear spoiler Electric Dream

The aim of a spoiler is to increase downforce which , as a result, increases rolling resistence. Therefore it is more likely to reduce top speed than increase it ( the spoiler added to the Performance model is more form than function anyway so if you mean one like that it’ll probably have zero effect )

The LR has a top speed of 145 so it’s almost laughable that anyone can claim an additional 20 mph to the top speed.
I really appreciate the feed back Jc, cool stuff to read mate

The spoiler will aid stability at high speeds. You would need a massive spoiler to add significant downforce on a road car for the purposes of gaining more rear grip, but small aerodynamic aids can help make a car less suseptible to cross winds and keep it feeling planted when negotiating a 140mph bend on the Autobahn or Nurburgring.

Honestly, unless you're driving with extreme and frequent braking (as you might on a track), updated brakes are almost certainly a pointless gesture. For sure, change the pads if you like, but new rotors, calipers, brake lines etc will have a bigger impact on your wallet than braking performance when driving on UK roads.

In any case, is the Model 3 really a performance car? IMHO, it's a compact exec saloon - not a BMW M3.

Honestly, unless you're driving with extreme and frequent braking (as you might on a track), updated brakes are almost certainly a pointless gesture. For sure, change the pads if you like, but new rotors, calipers, brake lines etc will have a bigger impact on your wallet than braking performance when driving on UK roads.

In any case, is the Model 3 really a performance car? IMHO, it's a compact exec saloon - not a BMW M3.

Couldn’t agree more that the LR is not a performance model as the 20’’ performance M3.
It’s a cool luxury car with room and comfort. looking at the car for what it is would be best leaving it alone now trying to go that extra mile with the braking system and the back spoiler.

The spoiler will aid stability at high speeds. You would need a massive spoiler to add significant downforce on a road car for the purposes of gaining more rear grip, but small aerodynamic aids can help make a car less suseptible to cross winds and keep it feeling planted when negotiating a 140mph bend on the Autobahn or Nurburgring.

for the sake of adding the spoiler which I can see wouldn’t really assist much unless at high speeds more often, I guess it’s best left alone

Well if it doesn’t interfere with the warranty then I suggest to all our M3 LR users to switch those disc’s for Brembos they’re around £200 for a set to be supplied and fitted. It’s an amazing response when braking to slow down before the traffic lights or oncoming speed cameras.
Or don't be above the sped limit before the camaras and don't Force stop start breaking and ripple affects for camaras?