Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everybody, I originally ordered the M3LR on 5/10. I had a change of heart yesterday and decided to change my order to the M3P. I talked to my SA and they told me that switching to the M3P would bump my delivery time up. I looked on Tesla's website and the delivery time for the M3P was estimated June-August, My original EDD for the M3LR was August 24-October 4.

Three questions I had were, How would changing my order affect my EDD? I'm assuming that I would get the vehicle by the end of August, but I'm prepared for it to be delayed into September.

Secondly, Will my EDD be moved up in the app? Right now it shows the previous EDD. Again I'm assuming it would take at least a couple days for changes to reflect in the app.

Lastly, I received my wall charger last week and received a quote for installation, when should I actually have the wall charger installed?

Hey everybody, I originally ordered the M3LR on 5/10. I had a change of heart yesterday and decided to change my order to the M3P. I talked to my SA and they told me that switching to the M3P would bump my delivery time up. I looked on Tesla's website and the delivery time for the M3P was estimated June-August, My original EDD for the M3LR was August 24-October 4.

Three questions I had were, How would changing my order affect my EDD? I'm assuming that I would get the vehicle by the end of August, but I'm prepared for it to be delayed into September.

Secondly, Will my EDD be moved up in the app? Right now it shows the previous EDD. Again I'm assuming it would take at least a couple days for changes to reflect in the app.

Lastly, I received my wall charger last week and received a quote for installation, when should I actually have the wall charger installed?

1.) It’s a higher-margin more expensive vehicle. Tesla prioritizes those deliveries.

2.) It will show up in the app. Obviously your order number and the vehicle you purchase will change.

3.) ASAP if you know for sure you are taking delivery of the car.

Upvote 0
3) Only if you really need to charge the car at home. I too received my wall connector before getting my car (July 2018). The wall connector is still in its box as I charged at work for free the first year and local CHAdeMO charging is cheaper than my home electricity rate for the last three years (gotta pay off that adapter!). I don't mind spending an hour or so getting juice. I'm retired and enjoy the time spent outside the house. YMMV.

Reactions: alangold
Upvote 0
3) Only if you really need to charge the car at home. I too received my wall connector before getting my car (July 2018). The wall connector is still in its box as I charged at work for free the first year and local CHAdeMO charging is cheaper than my home electricity rate for the last three years (gotta pay off that adapter!). I don't mind spending an hour or so getting juice. I'm retired and enjoy the time spent outside the house. YMMV.
I wouldn't mind charging at a supercharger, but the closest one to my house is half an hour out and my schedule/commute would not allow for me to stop at a supercharger. I feel like it would be easier to plug in after work everyday and be full juiced for the next day.

Upvote 0
Well, constant (exclusive) Supercharging is not good for your battery, so I wouldn't suggest that as your normal charging routine. I'm using a 50kW CHAdeMO station near my house. It's a lower charging rate that the urban Superchargers (72kW) and certainly much less than the V3 (250kW) but it's a lot faster than what my wall connector could do (if it were connected to my electrical panel). My sessions typically are at a 25-30kW rate and rarely get the 45+ kW maximum rate that CHAdeMO is limited to.

If you have a standard 120V outlet in your garage not used by anything else on the same circuit, you could use a mobile connector and 5-15 NEMA adapter ($200) and get ~4MPH charge rate. Overnight, that can get you 40 miles. If that's good enough for day-to-day commuting, then you may not need the wall connector for some time. Or, if you have a 240V connection, use the appropriate NEMA adapter ($35-$45) and get 11-30MPH.

Upvote 0

Hi,
I changed my order from LR to Performance as well. I expected the EDD to be pushed back but it remained the same and now I have a VIN relatively close to my original EDD.

The app updated on its own.

I installed my wall connector about 3 weeks ago. I told my wife that once we install it that we’re locked in. In other words, I would install once you’re very sure that you want this Tesla.

Upvote 0

SA info can be all over the place from my personal experience and what I have read when I was in the waiting room forum for my M3LR. I changed my config/color after I had rejected a VIN and I was not bumped at all. This was in February 2022. AFAIK, Tesla does keep your place in the queue based on your order date assuming they have not changed that rule.

Upvote 0