Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing or upgrading the battery from P90D toP100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is it possible to have my battery pack change from my P90D to P100D battery pack. I heard that 90 batteries will be discontinue soon. Does it mean I have to sell my 2 year old to a new one. In Hong Kong, we have to pay almost 100% tax on new car. I don’t like to waste my almost new car with less than 12000km to get a new one.
Elon, you think you can help?

is it possible to have my battery pack change from my P90D to P100D battery pack. I heard that 90 batteries will be discontinue soon. Does it mean I have to sell my 2 year old to a new one. In Hong Kong, we have to pay almost 100% tax on new car. I don’t like to waste my almost new car with less than 12000km to get a new one.
Elon, you think you can help?

I think your P90D will continue to function even if the 90 pack is discontinued... ;)

is it possible to have my battery pack change from my P90D to P100D battery pack....

It's technologically fine but Tesla has been very hesitant to retrofit hardware (it loves software updates), so the answer is no.

Don't worry about yours being obsolete because there are still 40 kWh Model S running around fine. If it is broken, Tesla would get them another one but software limited to 40 kWh.