Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing order from 19” to 18” wheels, questions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looking to change the wheels from 19 to 18. Saves money, easier to keep looking good and more comfortable ride. What number do I need to call to change?

Also will I go to the back of the que or a better chance to get a car in the next two weeks (need car for a holiday!) and will I lose my 5000 referral miles?

Reserved 2 years ago, order 6th may. AWD, FSD, silver metallic.

Thanks

I think going down to 18" wheels is a sensible option. My current BMW 335i has 19" wheels and I also have an 18" set for winter. The winter set gives a much better ride, but the 19" set does look better.

As regards how it affects your order - I honestly don't think anyone can give you the slightest idea. Even in my short time here I've observed that there is no logic at all. There are people with reservations from 2 years ago that are still waiting while some who ordered as late as July have had their cars already. Over on the facebook group, there is a guy who had a confirmed collection setup next week only to be asked to come in early this week. When he declined (on holiday), the car was assigned to someone else and now he's back to zero information and no new delivery date. Shocking.

I think sending an exploratory mail to [email protected] would be a good starting point. Calling is pointless I think - lots of people have waited literally hours and then just had the call dropped.

I changed from SR+ With 19’s on a Friday to LRAWD and Aeros. On the Monday I had a VIN.

it’s really luck of the draw. Maybe some of your spec available due to holiday cancellations etc... or maybe not! Sorry But there’s no definite answer!

looking to change the wheels from 19 to 18. Saves money, easier to keep looking good and more comfortable ride. What number do I need to call to change?

Also will I go to the back of the que or a better chance to get a car in the next two weeks (need car for a holiday!) and will I lose my 5000 referral miles?

Reserved 2 years ago, order 6th may. AWD, FSD, silver metallic.

Thanks
Asked a sales advisor today and was told you hold your point in the queue if you change the order as it goes off deposit date

But, your point in the queue is only one of many variables which dictate when you get your car.

Some of the other published/official variables include reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration

And I'll wager those are in increasing (rather than decreasing) order of importance/influence - vehicle config being the highest since if there are no cars with your desired config, it doesn't matter where you want it delivered or when you ordered.

... vehicle config being the highest since if there are no cars with your desired config, it doesn't matter where you want it delivered or when you ordered.

I think you're right. I assumed at first that were built to order, but it's clearly not the case. I get the impression that they just ship a batch and then allocate to match whatever orders are open at the time. It's a lottery.