Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing payment method after getting VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I finally got my VIN and the delivery estimate (yay). When I placed my order, I had selected cash payment, just to move ahead with it. All along, however, I was planning on leasing, rather than buying. Now that I have my VIN and my payment is due, I do not see an option online to change my payment method. Am I stuck with the original payment method, or can I still change it?

So I finally got my VIN and the delivery estimate (yay). When I placed my order, I had selected cash payment, just to move ahead with it. All along, however, I was planning on leasing, rather than buying. Now that I have my VIN and my payment is due, I do not see an option online to change my payment method. Am I stuck with the original payment method, or can I still change it?
Contact your SA and ask to change payment method

I have the same issue - got my VIN today and wanted to pay but unable to change the payment from cash to loan. Any ideas how to get someone to answer the phone at Tysons - no answer and mailbox is full so can't leave a message.
Still on cash? I reached out to my SA and a bit later I saw the option to do a loan or lease. Worst case, just drive over there, if you're close.

Still on cash? I reached out to my SA and a bit later I saw the option to do a loan or lease. Worst case, just drive over there, if you're close.
Yeah I tried the 800 number for Tesla and did actually reach a real person after being on hold for a half hour - she was in Decatur Georgia and very helpful - all good now I paid them now just waiting for my delivery appointment - excited

actually, I vaguely recall my Test Drive/Sales Advisor and or Service Advisor (both of which handled different Test Drives) have direct and speedy contact with those that have the power to change such details.. cough-comission-cough-comission... That who I called.. not the 800 number

..rather than waiting on a call for a random 'helper'

$0.02