Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing Tesla account email address

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, I have a Leaseplan owned company car, so in my app I can control the car but in my Tesla account I don't see the car as it belongs to Leaseplan.
I was registered using my work email. I'd like to change my Tesla account to use.my personal email. Does anyone know if this will break access to my car?
I don't know if the delegated access is tied to original email address used, or to another unique identifier.

I have an answer from the US ... don't know if it will work in the UK.
I changed my email address from my desktop in my online account. The phone app access was unaffected.
Occasionally, when the app updates, it makes you sign back in. That just happened last week and I signed in with the new email address with no problems.

I have an answer from the US ... don't know if it will work in the UK.
I changed my email address from my desktop in my online account. The phone app access was unaffected.
Occasionally, when the app updates, it makes you sign back in. That just happened last week and I signed in with the new email address with no problems.
Thanks. Is yours a lease car too (where logging into tesla.com with your account doesn't show the car)?

Ah, my apologies. I quickly read your post and missed the key item that yours is a leased vehicle. No, mine is not leased. But, I would think that if you have access to the Tesla account that the car is assigned to, the answer would be the same.