Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing the WA state law on extended warranties

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
The website has what looks like new information for WA:

• Informative
Reactions: ibdb
Just got this email.
Thanks a lot for everyone who pushed for this.

Originally I thought I would take it right away, now, I think that I will wait until my current warranty expires. then I can assess if I want to keep the car or not before spending $4k on this. Considering that they add this to CPOs, this will likely have no value if the car is sold back to Tesla.

Good morning, all!

I am happy to report that we can finally process Extended Service Agreement (ESA) purchases for Model S. The price is $4,000 (plus tax) for an additional 4 years or 50,000 miles from the date of your New Vehicle Limited Warranty expiration. You can purchase the ESA without issue up to 30 days after your warranty expires, and it will be retroactive to the date that the warranty expired. The document does require a wet signature, so you’ll have to make a trip in to the service center.

Please let me know if you would like a copy of the Terms & Conditions to review and I’ll send them out individually – I will, of course, provide you a copy at the time of purchase.

If anyone has a question about eligibility (like Francis’s), please let me know ASAP as I’m compiling a list to get answers on. Brian, I did double check on the pricing – no luck. My apologies!

If you’re planning to come by the service center to purchase an ESA, please let me know and I’ll make sure to have paperwork ready for you.

Thanks again to all of you for your patience throughout the process.

All the best,

Maddy

• Informative
Reactions: ibdb
[QUOTE from Marcboy: Thanks a lot for everyone who pushed for this.]

Right on, Marcboy. Thanks to all who participated, contacted their representatives, even the Governor for not including this bill in his pile of vetoes. And thanks to Tesla. The folks at the SC and in Fremont kept pushing.

For those who choose to, our old "classic" S's with their greater potential for problems, can now have their lives extended more worry free. Power to the [Tesla] people!

Last edited: