Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing the WA state law on extended warranties

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks to me like the bills died. Both the House and Senate have adjourned and neither of these bills received a floor vote.

They have not adjourned. Feb 5 was the last day bills could move from Committee of Origin "cut off". SB 6309 did move from Financial Institutions and Insurance to Senate Rules. It needs to get through there, then on to the full Senate. Didn't look at the House side... The Senate Bill is definitely still "alive".

By adjourned, I meant adjourned for the day on Friday. Sorry - should have been more clear.

You're correct in saying that the Senate bill is in rules pending a decision on whether it makes it to the floor. I believe the new last chance date for Senate action will be 2/17.

My pessimism is based on conversations I've had with several legislators on other issues and who have little expectations for much more to get done outside of budget related bills -- and their expectations there aren't high, either. I'd love to be wrong, and I think they would be, too, but they seemed of the opinion that quite a few bills with merit were going to die. Lots of conflicts in other areas are spilling over into everything else still going on, and I'm hearing lots of talk of collateral damage along the way. Friday's confirmation rejection did not help an already tense atmosphere.

By adjourned, I meant adjourned for the day on Friday. Sorry - should have been more clear.

You're correct in saying that the Senate bill is in rules pending a decision on whether it makes it to the floor. I believe the new last chance date for Senate action will be 2/17.

My pessimism is based on conversations I've had with several legislators on other issues and who have little expectations for much more to get done outside of budget related bills -- and their expectations there aren't high, either. I'd love to be wrong, and I think they would be, too, but they seemed of the opinion that quite a few bills with merit were going to die. Lots of conflicts in other areas are spilling over into everything else still going on, and I'm hearing lots of talk of collateral damage along the way. Friday's confirmation rejection did not help an already tense atmosphere.

Agree with all you've said. Was just clarifying not dead, but still stuck in Rules... where many good bills go to die.

I'll have to do some searches when I find time to figure out who in the state made it so we couldn't get these. I'd like to use that to raise awareness of who personally was responsible so we can change who we have elected through the next round of voting.

Versions have now passed in both the House and the Senate. The bill that originated on the House side (with some amendments) looks like the one likely to be adopted. Yesterday, the Senate committee gave that version the thumbs up and now it awaits Senate floor action.

It was not one of the bills vetoed, and is still awaiting the Governor to take action.

The link to the Governor's website Six shared is correct, but I don't know why it was renamed, either: Request Rejected

(Edited to add - the new software must not like the link for some reason -- even though it says "Request Rejected," it still works.)

That particular page was slow to update when he'd first issued the blanket veto of the other 27 bills, and it's not one I regularly use, so I don't know how quickly it would be updated when it's signed.