Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing to 100D, need insurance to the loaner till the delivery day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
The scenario is that I am about to change my order from90d to 100d with the 500 fee (damn).
The delivery date is postponed to end of March, but they are kind enough to give me a loaner until then.
The problem is that my current insurance only covers liability since my current car is a 10 years old Corolla.
I don't care to drive a 100k Tesla without any coverage.
What are my options regarding to cover the loaner? I guess buying a new insurance (at bay area) is one, anything else for temporary?
Thanks in advance.

Sorry, but he already mentioned it at the beginning: it is all about your current insurance.

I have American Express rental car insurance, but they said if it is a dealer lend you their car, then it is not covered. On the other hand, if it is a commercial rental prices, then it can be covered. Which category does Tesla loaner fall into?

I would strongly suggest you talk to your automobile insurance agent. If you're not paying for the loaner car, then credit cards, etc. won't cover the car with the necessary coverage. I suspect you won't want to be under-insured for this car.

You may also be able to purchase temporary coverage in a situation like this. (Again, I'd start with your insurance agent).

Reactions: peteyswift