Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing TuneIn Favourites with the steering button - long press or simple click?

How long do you need to push the steering wheel next/previous button to change TuneIn favourite?

• Need to do a long press on those buttons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simple click works for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AustinP

Apr 6, 2015
Belgium
Changing favourites in TuneIn, using the steering wheel buttons (Next/Previous) works only if I long press them (a second or two).
If I briefly press/click, it does nothing or weird things.
For comparison, in Spotify, changing songs works with a simple click. No need to long press.

I recall years ago, TuneIn behaved also "correctly", with a simple click. I thought it would be an easy bug to fix, but we're years later and still not fixed for me. I moved to MCU2, but still the same.

Am I the only one with this issue? Let me know using the poll !

Thanks

Changing favourites in TuneIn, using the steering wheel buttons (Next/Previous) works only if I long press them (a second or two).
If I briefly press/click, it does nothing or weird things.
For comparison, in Spotify, changing songs works with a simple click. No need to long press.

I recall years ago, TuneIn behaved also "correctly", with a simple click. I thought it would be an easy bug to fix, but we're years later and still not fixed for me. I moved to MCU2, but still the same.

Am I the only one with this issue? Let me know using the poll !

Thanks
I have the same problem. TuneIn used to work "correctly", but a quick scroll wheel click has no effect. In addition, when I pick a station from the horizontal list which is off the screen, the list returns to the far left-hand position. This means that to get to the next station (without a long press), you have to manually slide the list to the left to find it. This is not only inconvenient but trying to do this while driving takes your attention away from your driving -- a safety issue.

I contacted TuneIn with the problem, and they said that button operation is under Tesla's control. Tesla says that "it is just a limitation of the system at this time". I suspect that fixing the problem is not high on Tesla's bug-fix list, so I wouldn't wait by the phone for Tesla to call. Annoyed!

I have the same problem. TuneIn used to work "correctly", but a quick scroll wheel click has no effect. In addition, when I pick a station from the horizontal list which is off the screen, the list returns to the far left-hand position. This means that to get to the next station (without a long press), you have to manually slide the list to the left to find it. This is not only inconvenient but trying to do this while driving takes your attention away from your driving -- a safety issue.

I contacted TuneIn with the problem, and they said that button operation is under Tesla's control. Tesla says that "it is just a limitation of the system at this time". I suspect that fixing the problem is not high on Tesla's bug-fix list, so I wouldn't wait by the phone for Tesla to call. Annoyed!
Thanks, I thought it was only me.
Let’s hope they fix it.
I had thought there would be many people reacting, but if it’s only the two of us complaining, we’ll need to be patient…