Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

changing what's displayed at the center of the dash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every so often, I see screenshots showing an old school speedo (split between energy consumption and speed I think) in the center of the dashboard screen rather than the digits. Can this be done in 7.x or was it part of an earlier release? Can't quite figure that one out...

Every so often, I see screenshots showing an old school speedo (split between energy consumption and speed I think) in the center of the dashboard screen rather than the digits. Can this be done in 7.x or was it part of an earlier release? Can't quite figure that one out...
That's a non-AP display

Attachments

• 20160126_170828.jpg
    20160126_170828.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 1,791
I have not dissected each pixel of the screen of an AP car, but what's different that could not be displayed with the dial layout? the little wheel icon for AP? The speed icon for TACC? what else is there to cram in there really?

<<I take it back, this thread is neither over nor short...>>

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Oh, yes, that makes sense...the other cars do take a fair bit of real estate. The cats not so much so :)

I don't mind the AP UI, I like the look of the dia esp. since it condensed speed and kwh info, but I was more wondering whether I had missed an obvious set-up somewhere.

I