TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Changing wheels question

Discussion in 'Model S' started by clyjr, Nov 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. clyjr

clyjr Member

I've searched quite a bit and think I know the answer to this question, but I thought it would be best to double check.

I just purchased a 2014 S 60 with autopilot. It has the normal silver 19" wheels and I'm looking to change them to the 19" Rial Lugano. I'm looking to re-use the original tires and I don't need a set of winter wheel/tires so.

So my question is, can I just have the tires and TPMS sensors swapped over to the luganos?

Are there any gaskets or anything I need to be prepared to buy or would Discount Tire or similar be able to handle swapping everything over without having to get anything else from Tesla?

Finally, if I move the TPMS sensors to the new wheels I shouldn't have to reset anything right?

Thanks for the help.

2. clyjr

clyjr Member

Sorry, one more question I couldn't find a good answer on.
    Do the OE gray center caps match the Rial Lugano OE Cap Graphite silver wheels?
    If so, can I order the center caps from tesla?
    If not, any idea where to get matching center caps?

3. CLLACAB

CLLACAB Member

I think you will find your answers in the Wheels and Tires section. You can also PM the vendor.

4. clyjr

clyjr Member

Guess I never saw the Wheels and Tires sub forum. Found it now though and I believe I have the answers to my questions in the Rial thread. thanks for pointing me in the right direction...